SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

Hi so I wanted to share a tip I have for how to decrease the pain of waxing that works for me..I am NOT selling any specific product and I hate those spam posts too!

(Idk if I’m the only one that does this?) say you want to wax your legs.. (ouch!) anyways, buy veet or nair SENSITIVE hair removal cream for the legs. Leave on for about 1-2 minutes (at least 3 minutes less than recommended, you don’t want your hair to come off, you want it to be softened and pliable)

anyways, this softens the hair a lot and can keep waxing from feeling like your skin is being ripped off to a stubborn band-aid :)

Hope I helped someone, and even if I didn’t, thanks for stopping by ahah

posted almost 5 years ago
lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

oh yeah and guys be careful about these hair removal products cause some contain some pretty nasty chemicals so just be careful.

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

Oh wow, I’ve never heard this tip before.
But was wondering if you used the cream, wouldn’t it weaken the hair so when you waxed you would be breaking the hair instead of ripping it out from the roots? Just my thoughts…

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

No, I thought of that too but as long as you don’t leave the cream on for too long it just weakens it. I use it all the time hope I helped :)

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

hmm, sounds good. I’ll try this next time I wax:)

lolajames
Style_council
lolajames

wow. i have never heard of that. thanks for the tip!

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

i have heard that eating some ginger helps, there is something in it that will help decrease pain by up to 30 % or so. good to eat some after working out and getting sore muscles! but you have to take about 2 teaspoons worth…
you can mix it in other food since it can be quite a strong flavour
you might want to google this and see if more info comes up

REPLY TO DISCUSSION