SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

how often do you shave your legs? And what’s best to use without causing razor burn?? :-/ I’ve tried nair, veet, and normal razors but my lega are oddly sensitive..what do you use? :)

posted over 4 years ago
1 2 3 4 6
semiichaotic
Style_council
semiichaotic

I shave every other day in the summer, because I’m constantly wearing shorts. Beware of the myth that hair grows back darker or thicker when you shave it— it’s not true.
I’ve used Nair before, and it works, but I’ve also had an adverse reaction to it. I use a Schick Quattro for Women razor, which I love, although I know Venus has some great razors, too. And try shaving with a non-scented lotion for sensitive skin. It’ll keep your legs smooth while shaving, and, hopefully, keep away from annoying your skin without those extra additives.

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I shave every other day and I use body butter as a shaving cream. It makes my legs super silky and I never get razor burn.

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Every other day. And it’s not true that your hair grows back thicker or darker. Shaving cuts your hair off bluntly and it makes it seem like the hair is thicker, when actually your are just cutting it into a blunt hair strand. And the darker part is because any kind of skin irritation caused by razors can cause an influx of cells to produce at that part leaving a dark mark.

That’s why you’ll see that some people have dark armpits even though there is no hair there. It’s caused from razor irritation. I actually really love using wax strips or depilatories in the summer so I don’t have to shave as much. It helps I think!

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Every other day. And it’s not true that your hair grows back thicker or darker. Shaving cuts your hair off bluntly and it makes it seem like the hair is thicker, when actually your are just cutting it into a blunt hair strand. And the darker part is because any kind of skin irritation caused by razors can cause an influx of cells to produce at that part leaving a dark mark.

That’s why you’ll see that some people have dark armpits even though there is no hair there. It’s caused from razor irritation. I actually really love using wax strips or depilatories in the summer so I don’t have to shave as much. It helps I think!

posted about 2 years ago

AyePee3
Style_council
AyePee3

I shave about twice a week. Sometimes I get lazy, but if I’m going out, I shave before I leave.

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Twice a week when I’m not lazy,once a week when I am

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

I try to shave every other day…my hair grows back super fast!

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I have to shave every day because I have sensitive skin. My arms I can go longer but my legs get itchy and bumps because I have naturally curly hair and am more prone to getting ingrown hairs as well.

posted about 2 years ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

I shave once a week. I use conditioner as shaving cream. Whatever conditioner is in the bathroom. It works great. Plus, it saves me money because I no longer have to purchase shaving cream. Also, storing shavers in oil in a cup extends their life. It is like they never get dull.

posted about 2 years ago

KateSeverson
New_user KateSeverson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KateSeverson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KateSeverson

Maybe once a week. I have very light, fine hairs so even when I haven’t shaved in a long time you can’t really tell unless you look very closely. I just use a Venus razor and Skintimate shaving cream and then make sure to put on lots of lotion after I get out of the shower.

posted about 2 years ago

kathrynb23
New_user kathrynb23 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kathrynb23 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kathrynb23

Everyday. Can’t sleep at night if I don’t shave my legs :)

posted about 2 years ago

nancy1991
Style_council
nancy1991

i wax my legs

posted about 2 years ago
1 2 3 4 6
REPLY TO DISCUSSION