SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

i’m 5’11 and incredibly chubby ( i feel huge)

recently, a friend told me that i’m in super pretty but its the way i carry myself that is a turn off……is confidence really that important? and how do you relay it?

thanks sweets!

posted over 4 years ago
ChantalHMB
Style_council
ChantalHMB

It doesn’t matter what you look like, confidence really does show on people and that can be very attractive. There are different ways people make themselves feel happy and confident. I have met so many people, doesn’t matter what they look like or how they are dressed, but I can tell when they are content with themselves and I admire that. I myself wish I could always feel that way, it depends where I’m going, what I’m doing, but maybe I’ll wear something that makes me feel good to boost my confidence, (for example). It’s obviously not just what you wear to make urself feel good, every person is different… You should take pride in the fact you are pretty , and that in itself should boost your self esteem and trust me it really will shine out from in!

posted over 4 years ago

Mollfie
Style_council
Mollfie

I’m told I come across as a confident person, but I’m actually really anxious lol XD I just try to smile all the time and say hello to people.

If you look friendly then people are drawn to you.

posted over 4 years ago

Petite_and_chic
Style_council
Petite_and_chic

Confidence is key!
being confident and charming is lubricant to social interaction.

To help me be confident I look in the mirror and tell myself good positive things to inspir eme throughout the day. I also take some time to pamper myself in the morning with putting on sexy undergarments and to spray on my most darinf perfume.

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

confidence is most important. regardless of how pretty or skinny or gorgeous hair (whatever) that you have, if you don’t have confidence, you have nothing

posted over 4 years ago

INOC_IS
Style_council
INOC_IS

Honey, confidence is the ultimate accessory. Confidence lets the world know that you could be wearing a paper sack from the dollar store and pass it off as a high end couture dress all whilst mainting your own Fabulosity. An outfit is merely a tool to help exude how you feel about yourself within. So, the key to finding that confidence is simply think about who you are. Being pretty is only part of your own package. What is it you want to convey to the world about yourself? Take what is great about yourself, use it to inspire an outfit, and strut out that door. Own who you are and work with what you got!

posted over 4 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I think it’s really hard to just be “confident.” I’m incredibly shy and blush so easily and it’s hard for me (off-line) to get over those things. Some things that help me:
-focus on what you like; your legs/your eyes/your hair etc, and emphasize that
-wear things that make you feel confident; I feel 100% more confident in clothes that I like, it stops being about “me” and starts being about my clothes
-work on your posture+eye contact; these are signs of confidence so even if you don’t feel confident if you stand tall and make eye contact, people will think you are
-give yourself daily affirmations

posted over 4 years ago

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

clotheshorse gave some great advice on looking confident. i also think that confidence comes from focusing on your good qualities—both physical and emotional.

posted over 4 years ago

militantcupcake
Style_council
militantcupcake

2nd everything Clotheshorse said, also, smile a lot at people, I’m shy as well and found that just making eye contact and smiling at people goes a long way in making them (and me!) feel better

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Confidence is very important! When it comes to the impression you give, it might be MOST important! The best way to look confident is to BE confident, of course. Knowing you are worthwhile and beautiful will give you a glow other people can see.

But sometimes on a bad day, you have to “fake it until you make it,” and work to feel more confident and show it off. Some things to think about:

-Good posture. I think sometimes tall girls are intimidated by their own height. Don’t be afraid to hold your head up high and be proud of your statuesque height!

-Smile! If you look pleased with yourself and other people, you will look confident and also more beautiful.

-Make good eye contact. If you can look people in the eye, you will seem strong and self-assured.

-Owning what you wear. Wear things that make you feel comfortable and attractive. It can affect how you feel AND how others view you.

-Positive feedback. It can feel really good to get a compliment from someone else, but you don’t have to wait around for other people. Check yourself out in the mirror and tell yourself what you like about yourself, tell yourself you look good. I think many of us automatically criticize our bodies, but for every criticism try to point out two things you LOVE about your body. And one trick I always do: SMILE when you look at yourself in the mirror! It really affects what you see!

posted over 4 years ago

whimsicalwallflower
Style_council
whimsicalwal...

Confidence is what you where or what you look like.
It’s how you carry yourself.
Embrace your flaws, because let’s face it: Everyone has them.
If you aren’t confident or are like me, shy, then try to bring out your best features.
Even try a bit for the features that set you apart.
You are your worst critique.
Keep that in mind and just try to better yourself.
Next time you look in the mirror, don’t look at or point out what YOU think are your bad aspects.
Instead, look at what YOU think are your best features and walk out with your beautiful smile and a new perspective.
I’m on the shorter side, 5’3 1/2. ((oh how I hate that half inch.))
I’m not too big on confidence, but I walk with my head up, good posture and a shy little smile on my face.
Guys seem to think it’s cute.
But it’s not their opinion that counts. It’s yours.
Love yourself exactly how you are, and you are ready to strut your stuff. (:

posted over 4 years ago

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

Confidence came slow to me; I spent most of my teenaged years struggling with weight and acne, always feeling that I didn’t measure up to other people. Part of confidence for me was becoming comfortable with myself, and accepting what I’ve been born with. I don’t know that I’ve altogether “embraced” my flaws yet, but I don’t hound myself over them because other people usually don’t see them at all.

Find something about your personality, appearance, or other facet of self that you really enjoy and can be proud of, and play that up. For me, confidence has been wearing bright colors regardless of skintone/figure flattery, because I honestly enjoy them, and I see it as a display of my very colorful personality (and vocabulary…).

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Sounds like you’re in a rut. Here are a few steps to creating confidence in the mirror:

1. Own your height. It’s unique for a girl to be 5’11 these days. Wear clothing that celebrates your height! (Even heels are fair game!)

2. Accessories! It’s easy to find accessories to fit your style, and you won’t have to worry if it fits.

3. Open up your posture. If you tend to cross you legs & arms a lot, slump your back/shoulders, or tilt your head downward, you are sending signals that you aren’t comfortable with yourself. Let your body just be!

4. Get some fun going. Doing fun things like dancing or swimming will raise the level of seratonin, a feel-good chemical in your body. Get friends to do fun stuff with you so they can share the benefits and give you extra support.

posted over 4 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I take my flaws and accept them as they are and enhance everything that I like about myself

I always walk and stand tall.

If I’m feeling down I dress up. I always take care of myself including working out which is a confidence booster for anyone.

Just make sure no matter what, you remember to love yourself first

posted over 4 years ago

wickedweedz
Style_council
wickedweedz

love yourself and everything else will follow :)

posted over 4 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

the way you walk is important. keep your shoulders back and your head up. some people like to pretend their walking on a runway. im not talking dramatic but a walk that says youre going somewhere important

posted over 4 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

agree. if you feel good about yourself then that should be a good start already.

posted over 3 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

if you look yourself in the mirror and you like what you see then you are ready to go out and stay confident!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION