Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Pure_Fashion
New_user Pure_Fashion is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Pure_Fashion reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Pure_Fashion

you all know any good effective homemade beauty recipes? i see so many online; which ones work?
i tried this honey/cucumber face-mask once; made my face worse if anything.
help me out?

posted almost 3 years ago
BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I used to use an oatmeal mask but I hardly have time anymore these days. I put a small amount of oatmeal in my hand, wet it and scrunched until it became a sort of paste and then spread it on my face. When it was dry I wiped off the solid bits with a towel so it didn’t clog the drain and then washed my face with some basil water (which acted as a toner. You could also use green tea, but use it sparingly- you can become immune to it). The oatmeal mask was really simple, but it made my face really soft and glowy, though sometimes the oatmeal got stuck in my hair.

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Oatmeal is amazing for your skin, as BleakandWet mentioned above.

I tried an amazing hair mask last week that is awesome for your hair! All you need is one avocado, mashed, a tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons yogurt (or mayo but yogurt smells a lot better and if you buy the greek yogurt it has a lot of protien which is great for your hair) and one egg yolk. Mix together until smooth and then slop on your hair (better if your hair is wet so it absorbs the nutirents better but I did mine dry) and leave on for as long as you like, massaging your scalp every so often. I just covered my head with a plastic bag and then after a couple hours I rinsed it out and shampooed my hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. :)

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I use honey and sugar to exfoliate my skin. Honey is very moisturizing and also helps to soften your lips

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

this isn’t a beauty recipe, but mixing equal (small) parts unflavored gelatin powder + milk (weird, right?) and microwaving it for like 10 seconds makes a decent DIY pore strip.

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I always use just plain honey, does miracles for my skin.
Others I’ve tried are egg whites, they are really good too, just not for my type of skin cause mine is very dry..

Pure_Fashion
New_user Pure_Fashion is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Pure_Fashion reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Pure_Fashion

thanks! appreciate it, i will definitely try these recipes out.

TinaStefanovic
Style_council
TinaStefanovic

I posted about soft hands, DIY :) It’s very easy, if you want to, you can check it out :) http://tinasfemmefatale.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-soft-hands-as-it-it-still-winter.html xxx

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I always make my own bath salts and body scrubs. Here is one recipe Link:[Bath Salts]

For a good body scrub, use fine table salt and enough oil to make a paste.

What kind of skin do you have? I might have more advice if I know what kind of problem you are trying to fix.

RoxanaL
Style_council
RoxanaL

olive oil is amazing, it makes your skin so soft…for a face scrub, mix olive oil + sugar , or honey + sugar and rub it on your skin. :)

SabrinaTudorache
Style_council
SabrinaTudor...

I use coffee for exfolation!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION