SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brinaaa
Style_council
brinaaa

i feel i try to eat healthy but it dont work !

posted almost 4 years ago
1 2
Razzlebdazzle
Style_council
Razzlebdazzle

I agree, but you just have to think about what you eat before you do. Ask yourself if it’ll benefit you. Questioning myself has made me eat better!

sarahjordan4
Style_council
sarahjordan4

Yeah I have recently steped up my game, I have cut out unnatural sugars, soda, anything other than water, anything really starchy, over eating, and eating more meals that all smaller. a good trick is to keep fruit around that you actually like, and also to get little snack size zip locks and fill a bunch p as premade snacks with things like snow peas, unsalted nuts, carrots, granola, and light string cheese is good aswell.

kritikamanchanda
Style_council
kritikamanch...

This is what i do..
Drink only water(NO fizzy drinks)
Eat green vegetables
Iron and folic supplement
Cod liver oil(capsules)
Eat vegetarian as much as possible
Healthy and full breakfast

avanope
Style_council
avanope

I never eat junk food, always drink water, and I exercise for at least two hours a day.
However, I’m not losing weight and I think I’m getting fatter :((

Sonsira
Style_council
Sonsira

i’ve lost a LOT just by not eating junk food…plus, some exercise to tone muscle

bjkdAnc3r
New_user bjkdAnc3r is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bjkdAnc3r reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bjkdAnc3r

i actually eat a lot and gain little weight. but that’s because i’m just going through growth spurts and everything, i get hungry soo often. but i still should workout! i eat healthy most of the time, but i do end up sinking into the junk food-soda diet. hahaha, but i’m a dancer so i should start to lose any extra weight and tone up when i start up again. (:

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

Hey! So this is basically what I did this whole month. I’m on a calorie restricted diet (less than 1400 calories per day) but if you look at my log you can see there are days I go well beyond 1400 calories. I do so because first I don’t believe in depriving myself of any food and also it keeps my body confused about how much food to expect and so my metabolism doesn’t slow down. Following are foods that are part of my diet.

Protein – Every day I try to eat some lean meat. The reason is because one serving of lean meat like chicken (4 oz -140 calories) fills me up for up to five hours! Research has shown that protein satisfy hunger better than either fats or carbohydrates. Just don’t over do it when it comes to eating lean meat, especially if you don’t exercise. A little goes a long way. I also love beans and lentil soup is one of my favorites.

Carbs- Basically I eat carbs but I eat good carbs in moderation. I still eat carbs like pasta and bread but they are both whole wheat and I try not to have them more than once a day. I still eat potatoes because they are my weakness but again in moderation. (I only eat baked potatoes; I don’t fry them or indulge them in sauces like gravy.) I eat brown rice instead of white rice. Also one of my favorite snacks is a slice of 100% whole wheat bread with all natural unsalted peanut butter. Peanut butter has good monounsaturated fats that can actually help you loose weight around your waist. Oatmeal is also very low in fat and high in fiber so it fills you up quite well.

Snacks (Fruits and Popcorn) – When it comes to snacking I eat fruits and popcorn. I really didn’t like fruits when I first began this diet but then I found that I love mangoes and watermelon. So find fruits that you like. And while I’m not fond of apples I eat them once in a while because they really fill you up. And popcorn is quite low in calories and it fills you up since its full of fiber.

Vegetables- I love spinach and it’s filled with fiber so a little really fills you up. And it’s so low in calories. I love broccoli. In my freezer I keep frozen veggies like carrots, peas and corn. I usually try to have a side of veggies with my lean meat.

Dairy- Mozzarella cheese is my weakness and I allow myself to eat cheese often because a person who has a moderate amount of dairy in their diet actually excretes twice as much fat per year as a person with a low dairy diet. As milk or cheese goes though your body it pulls in fat and it is eventually excreted.

Fats- I use PAM olive oil cooking spray sparingly. Most of my food is baked.

Drinks- Water and green tea with splenda

Basically I don’t deprive myself of anything but I eat in moderation. Now I don’t eat always eat a balanced meal everyday. Some days I forget to eat fruit or I eat more carbs since I have no meat at home. In the end I try to keep to my calorie restriction and I never go over 2000 calories.

Exercise – I don’t exercise. I’m too lazy. I’m pretty sure I would have lost five more pounds if I actually did exercise this month. I’m pretty active during the school year so I’m pretty sure I’ll be shedding some major weight once school starts (if I stick to my calorie restriction of 1400 calories).

v_toria
Style_council
v_toria

I actually started going to a nutritionist with my mum because we both wanted to loose some weight. We have gotten great tips like, you can eat as many veggies as you want and you should have 4-8 cups of veggies a day. It’s best if you only have one carb a day, and make sure it’s whole wheat. And water is a huge part. Unfortunately This hasn’t helped me to loose weight yet. But I have heard of lots of people that it has helped!

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

Healthy food is good but its a little on the expensive side, for me. I still like to eat healthier though because the food makes me feel better on the inside

chelseypaige
Style_council
chelseypaige

I try really hard, but our kitchen is under renovation and all we can really eat is microwave food and take out :( I still try going for things with lots of protein and veggies when we go out or get take out. I also drink tons of water and eat lots of fruit, it keeps me regular :)

laurenkay
Style_council
laurenkay

Fish is one of the best things you can eat. The truth is everything that is natural from red meat, chicken to raw vegetables are all good for you. Its all about balance. I eat mostly organic and fresh foods. but it is ok to sometimes indulge in a soda or candy. Just make sure it is moderation.

MeowQuack
Style_council
MeowQuack

I love fruits and water!
I’d love to eat healthy and typically do, but I also really enjoy baking things like cakes and pies and etc. Also, come school hours, I think my eating patterns will once again be muddled. Sometimes I miss breakfast because I’m late, for example, and I typically skip lunch and instead snack when I get home (around 3:30).
I hear fixed eating times are important :/
I don’t really eat chips or drink soda – just empty calories. My sister, friend and I are going vegan/vegetarian for the month of September – just to experiment with alternate eating options.

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

well I confess that I don`t pay much attention to what I eat everyday in terms of heathy, because I simply like to eat whatever I feel like eating, makes me happy and I don`t have worries about it :)

posted over 3 years ago

insheepsclothes
Style_council
insheepsclothes

everything in moderation. i recently went to a nutritionist who told me the reason i wasn’t losing weight was because i wasn’t being consistent with my meals (i.e. skipping, eating a little one day then eating a lot) and portion sizes. so, she just gave me a guideline about serving sizes and how many i could eat at which times of the day that already coincide with what i eat. so far, it’s working great, even if i forget sometimes and eat more than i should. but it’s good to find out just how much more you’re eating than your body really needs.

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I don’t go out of my way to avoid junk food. Unprocessed food > processed food.

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION