SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
waterlily
Style_council
waterlily

Help! My hair tends to get oily/greasy looking (mostly my bangs) within 12 hours. I’ve tried using dry shampoo since I don’t have time to even grab a quick shower sometimes, but I feel as though it just weighs down my hair and makes it look greasier! Dry shampoos I’ve used so far are Pssst and the new Tresemme one. Can someone give me tips for what to do?

posted over 2 years ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Maybe you can switch shampoos? Look for one specifically designed for oily hair. I am personally not a fan of dry shampoos. I still find it weird that people would apply that to dirty hair (wouldn’t it make it more dirty?).

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

^ they’re not supposed to ‘clean’ your hair, they’re supposed to absorb oil buildup

honestly I’ve tried at least 6 different dry shampoos, and all of them made my hair feel sticky and gross like hairspray. You might have better luck with powdered formulas vs. spray formulas, but I’ve found that baby powder (or even flour) works well for me when I need it.

sounds counterintuitive, but if you limit yourself to washing your hair every other day or less, it won’t get greasy as fast (though it takes some time to adjust).

posted over 1 year ago

rileighnuss
Style_council
rileighnuss

You definitely should switch your shampoo and conditioner. Try Joico shampoo and conditioner. They have jumbo size bottles for $20 a piece, but they last for months. Also if you don’t mind spending a bit more money look into Living Proof shampoo and conditioner. The formula allows the hair to stay clean without having to wash your hair every day. Their products are AMAZING, but like I said they are a little bit more expensive. Lastly, when conditioning your hair try to avoid getting it into your roots and scalp just coating the ends of your hair. That alone will help a lot.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION