SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

i have gone through many a trial and tribulation of trying new natural beauty products. its hard because ALOT of companies say their natural when they aren’t even close!
i am very into choosing natural products lately….
so whats everyone’s favourite products? any info about em counts too!

thanks
hh

posted over 5 years ago
hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

i guess im either the only one who is strict about this stuff.
or people are too shy to share…

oh welllls!
thanks angela!

hh

posted over 5 years ago

mayfaircalling
Style_council
mayfaircalling

I like Nature’s Gate shampoo… I stole it from my housemate haha
I’ve heard it’s not really all that natural.

After doing some research I’m pretty sure that Terressentials sounds like a good deal to me!

http://www.terressentials.com/

posted over 5 years ago

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

yeah its really hard to know whats what since everyone’s cashing in on the whole natural thing.

posted over 5 years ago

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

heres what i’m using for other people’s info, since i like to spread the natural word :)

heres all the ones that have passed the test for me:

- Burt’s Bees apricot scrub and chamomile face cleansing cream
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bee dusting powder (for my hair) and baby bee bar soap
- Burt’s Bees radiance eye cream
- Hugo naturals bar soap OH MY GOD im addicted to the shea butter and vanilla one. i think about it all day until i get home and suds up. link it
- LUSH “seanik” shampoo bar and marron henna hair dye link it
- Juice organics face serum and vitamin C under eye cream
- Jason vitamin C face lotion and seaweed moisturising conditioner
- i even use natural tampons and such by Natracare!

hh

posted over 5 years ago

murph
Style_council
murph

Everything By L’Occitane is amazing. Especially the 100% fair trade shea butter, olive eye gel, and the hand cream.
Then there is also origins. They tend to have some great products.
and Lush has wonderful soaps, and body washes. And if you go on sephora.com, they have a natural and organic section. I recommend checking it out. They carry some of the prducts you’re already into.

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Burts Bees, everything I’ve used from them is brilliant. I really, really love their soap bark and chamomile cleanser.

Has anyone used their carrot day cream? I want a natural moisturiser that’s not too expensive and this looks good.

Dr. hauschka products are usually very nice, although they are quite pricey. They have a natural makeup range too, my mother uses some of it and it looks good.

Yes-to-carrots products are meant to be good, although I don’t think they’re entirely natural.

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Also, how do you find the Lush henna? Is it worth the messyness? I often consider using henna in my hair but I don’t think you can use it over chemical dyes.

posted over 5 years ago

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

lush henna is online on their website. or in stores dep. on where u live…
link it
i have the marron or red one …havent used it yet but ive used other henna dyes before. and yes they are messy, but if you want to maintain your hair health its the only way to go! plus i have read several times the botanicals in henna dyes are really good to moisturise and sit in your hair.i am obsessed with keeping my hair nice lately…
oh, and i havent used it over a previous dye job, but i do have permed hair and it says its fine for that so i figure u will be okay.

havent tried the BB’s carrot creme lotion- only because it smells so weird! haha i like the jason one tho. vitamen C is supposed to be really got for anti-aging and brightening too.

hh

posted over 5 years ago

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

just noticed your- Sorcha- are from ireland!
if u cant find lush henna try rocky mountain naturals hair dye- at whole foods over here in the states.

hh

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

hhaak – Sorry, I didn’t mean ‘where can I find it’, I meant ‘is it any good’ really. I just phrased it badly. :)

We do have a Lush store here as far as I know, but I was thinking of ordering some things off their website, so I might try out the henna there.

amanderrrr- I know they’re not all natural, but they are a lot better than most other companies.

posted over 5 years ago

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

thank you amaderr! haha i love it. i dont feel alone.

yeah they had this article in a local mag in seattle about how alot of products that are really good about being natural actually contain this chemical thats hard to trace and has been linked to cancer too. eek i cant remember what it was called tho.

i will totally check out that website. im trying to naturalize all my makeup at the moment!

hh

posted over 5 years ago

lameabby
Style_council
lameabby

i love love love lush’s solid conditioner, jungle! smells good and works great! seriously my hair has never been softer or more manageable. definitely takes some getting used to the technique though.

posted over 5 years ago

jaysam
New_user jaysam is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When jaysam reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
jaysam

Everybody wants to be beautiful naturally rather than being beautiful through high chemical content products. We know that there are people suffering from chemical sensitivities that are looking for all-natural beauty products that are 100% natural. All natural schoonheidssalon utrecht products are what we consider to be truly healthy beauty products.

There are so many beauty products nowadays which contain different kinds of chemicals that some of us might not understand what that chemical really is. Also, we do not know what benefits they could give to us. I remember going to a store where different kinds of beauty products are on sale. I saw this whitening lotion and out of curiosity I picked it up and read the labels at the back. I was kind of surprise to see those different kinds of chemicals that are being used. I did not even finished reading it and put it back to the shelf. Just imagine how these chemicals could affect your skin. I would rather mash up the papaya pulp and apply to the surface of my skin

All natural beauty products must be considered to be the high standard beauty products that are being sold today. All natural beauty products and natural food have no difference. Just like natural food has become accepted and revered, natural beauty care is finally beginning to receive the credit that it deserves. There are no strict standards in place to direct consumers to the real thing when it comes to completely natural. So its buyer bewares, and be educated as to what constitutes a completely natural product.

We see a lot of beauty products using the word “natural”. But do not be deceive by them. When you see the word “natural” on a beauty product, it is basically meaningless and worthless. This is a buzz word that is being used to attract you to buy those beauty products. So you better read the ingredient labels very carefully as much as possible. If you see any long chemical names that you can barely pronounce, there is a very good chance that it is not completely natural.

I may sound harsh but that is the truth. So, if you are using such chemical based products and even if you have been using that for years or decades, I would suggest that you compare your beauty products to food. The skin that surrounds your entire body takes in a large portion of whatever is put onto it. If you think that skin does not absorb, then think about birth control and Nicotine patches. Yes, skin does absorb and it is presently absorbing toxins every day if you use beauty products that contain dangerous ingredients. It may be a small amount on a daily basis, but when used continually all through your life, it can be a large amount, some of which remains. These chemicals may have been tested for so many times, but just imagine when all of these chemicals are put into the body, they will basically merge with each other. These combinations have not been tested. So it simply means that you are the guinea pig.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION