SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

i still dont know how to put them on correctly. lash by lash? on just the outer edges? or the whole eye? wtf.

posted about 6 years ago
ZoraCosmicRaye
Style_council
ZoraCosmicRaye

I have no clue i tried the glue ones, & then told not to & to get some with the glue already applied… can anybody shed some light?

posted about 6 years ago

SaraLuxe
Style_council
SaraLuxe

i use the MAC ones, ther are loads to chose from & the ones i use look really natural (to other ppl) but loads longer and fuller to me. they are a full strip & you put the glue on yourself. this was hard at first but now i can put them on in seconds. just make sure to cut them so they fit on your eye lids well, and secure them with mascara if your worried ! hope this helps

posted about 6 years ago

caiko
Style_council
caiko

Yeah, I’ve used the MAC ones in the past, but have found that ones you get at the drugstore are basically the same thing, but cheaper. You’re only supposed to use them up to 5 times either way. I use the glue. Apply the glue to the whole thing, especially on the ends then blow on it for about a minute, then apply them to your eyelashes and push them down until they are in place and voila!

posted about 6 years ago

GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

Just keep practicing…I use everywhere from Wet ‘n’ Wild to Shu Uemura false lashes. I love the cateye ones that are longer at the outer edge…so come hither!

posted about 6 years ago

SingForAbsolution
Style_council
SingForAbsol...

Put a mirror under your face, so that you can look down, you’ll be able to place them more accurately. There are some really good tutorials online, just google it.

posted about 6 years ago

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

thanks yea i just youtubed it. and uhm it still looks difficult haha

posted about 6 years ago

Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

I used to do makeup professionally, and really the cheapy MOD ones at Walgreen’s give the best look on a day to day basis, or for “memorable” photos like weddings. They seriously give a great “better you” look, like if you got lash extensions.
I get the thinner, longer ones because after you apply mascara… your lashes will end up looking pretty thick. A little goes a long way. It’s also best to curl your lashes naked first, THEN apply the falsies (no makeup crud mixed with the glue helps them last longer), then apply your mascara, eyeshadow and then liner and blend into the lashes.

posted about 6 years ago

New_user 5398 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 5398 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have small eyelashes and don’t have a clue how to put on fake ones but i use Chanel Exceptionnel mascara and honestly it makes my lashes soooooo long, as if i had put fake ones on

posted about 6 years ago

lynabeans
Style_council
lynabeans

omg i love long eye lashes. i wish mine were naturally long like some of my friends. fake eye lashes are hard to put on the first couple of times, but once you get the hang of it, its really easy.

posted about 6 years ago

GirlfriendInAComa
Style_council
GirlfriendIn...

I love faux eyelashes! Best way to play up the eyes. I like the full strips but individual ones are great if you wanna add a flair at the outer corners. I’m always cutting them to fit my eyes perfectly…they definitely take some time to perfect. Don’t give up…keep practicing…it’s worth it!

posted almost 6 years ago

TheDemoiselle
Style_council
TheDemoiselle

Huge of false lashes! I’ve never used the individual lahes. But the ones that come in a band are a dream! I put a thin line of glue on the band of the lashes, and I put extra on the ends. I press them on in the middle of my eye, then the sides.

shummy
Style_council
shummy

I’m still a newbie at them, but I was watching a japanese show on tv (LOVE them!) and one girl suggested softening the place where you put the glue to allow for better maneuverability.
You can do this by (this will be long so bear with me) holding the lashes, (assuming they’re the full ones) with your forefingers and thumb, on both ends of the lashes and then (keeping your thumbnails facing up and parallel to each other) run your hands up and down.
Ugh, pictures speak a thousand words. I hope that makes some sense.
Anyways, breaking in that band makes it easier to get the lashes on. Also, sometimes I like to cut the lashes into smaller sections.
I hope that helps!

artemisthierry
Style_council
artemisthierry

I love false lashed, too! I have never tried out any but the cheap kind. Weird experience, I find the glue that came in a pair of lashed from CVS to be the most effective. I got some at a vintage store that had tons of crazy lashes, but I could never get them stick with that glue! Only the drugstore kind…

LaBellaVita
Style_council
LaBellaVita

I absoloutley love falsies – they can make you look fucking ace without any makeup. Some people find it way easier to just do it lash by lash, I’m too impatient, but all in all you find what works for you.

Rubyz
Style_council
Rubyz

A great tutorial by makeupgeek is here

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

we put on fake eyelashes all the time at school. it does take practice, but here’s some tips for full length lashes:

1. Measure the lashes against your own. If they are too long, cut off the end that will go on the outside of your eye. It sounds counter-productive, but you need the inside part to fit correctly.
2. Once it’s measured, curl your own lashes, and apply a dab of glue to the back of your hand. Now slide the lashes through almost like a credit card. This will make sure the glue application is even.
3. Let it dry for a few seconds and then using tweezers (which seems to be easier than your fingers), apply the lashes to that space right on top of your lashes and under your lid. The spot where your real lashes are attached to your lid.
4. While the glue is still wet, move the lashes around if you need to to make sure they’re on straight and in the right spots. Use the tweezers to press the corners down to the inside and outside.
5. Let the lashes dry, and if you need to blend your own lashes with the false ones, gently curl them and apply mascara.

That’s it! :)

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

hi

i think an eyelash applicator will help , i think they are only £5 . I might buy one actually , hope it works.

xx

VanityDoll
Style_council
VanityDoll

I love thick lashes! Tokyo Lash bar=LOVE. I’ve been wearing lashes for a long time so basically I’m a pro now. lol
It takes time but you’ll get the hang of it.

corriheart
Style_council
corriheart

MAC’s #33 are the best natural lashes.
& also make sure you let the glue dry 30 seconds to get tacky before applying or it’ll slide around the eye :)

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

Most of the times it’s not the lashes or the fact that “you can’t apply them well because it’s your first time”, but it’s all about the glue. I never could apply my eyelashes well until I bought MAC’s DUO glue. Try it, you won’t regret it.

posted about 2 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

They look feminine and sultry, I like them but I don`t use them

posted almost 2 years ago

Thanya
New_user Thanya is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Thanya reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Thanya

I prefer to use false eyelashes that come with clear band, they are lighter and I think it is good for a beginner. And same as some comments above, DUO adhesive is the best ;)

Practice is necessary, first few times might not so easy, but soon enough you will gain your skill :)
Click here to read an article of easy tips to apply false eyelashes

posted over 1 year ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Please do not bump old/dead threads. The original post in this thread was written over four years ago. To continue discussing this topic, please start a new thread.

posted over 1 year ago

Eyelashqueen
New_user Eyelashqueen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Eyelashqueen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Eyelashqueen

My favorite false eyelashes are a brand called AK Lashes, they are very light weight and look natural. They also carry false bottom lashes which I have never tried. People sell them on Ebay and Amazon for around $15 for a pack of 5 sets. I use D-Up eyelash glue from Japan, works well for me. Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION