SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kayeseven
Style_council
kayeseven

i just bought these fake individual eyelashes from beauty bar. and oh my have i got really frustrated when i tried applying it! the curl of the eyelash doesn’t go the way it should so i fix it up using tweezers and i end up with dry glue in my eyes.

and it’s really hard to stick them very close to my lashline because the glue gets stuck on my real lashes before i could even stick them to my eyelid! grrr.

it’s really hard for my. any tips? or brand which have great eyelash glue?

posted almost 5 years ago
KittyCotten
Style_council
KittyCotten

I was in dance for many years and we used to put on fake eyelashes all the time. I became the girl who everyone wanted to put their on for them!! haha

So here are some tricks:
- Make sure you measure them and cut off any excess width. Not everyone has the same width of eye lids so you need to trim them shorter too fit nicely and naturally.
- Apply the glue with the rounded end of a clean bobby pin. Dip the rounded end into the eyelash glue and put it on the base of the fake lashes.
- Be patient. If it doesn’t look perfect right away its ok, just keep practicing. Just don’t squirt the glue directly onto your lashes…you don’t want anymore glue in your eye!

I hope that helps :)

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

-Apply some liner first. This way if you are not able to get really close to the lash line it will at least blend in a bit better. (liquid or gel work best for this)
-let the lash rest on your hand/finger to see which way it wants to curl before you grab it with tweezers.
-Make sure you’re letting the glue get tacky (about 10 seconds) before you put them on.
-Tilt your head back so that you’re looking down onto the mirror and don’t completely close your eyes.
-keep a q-tip with one end a bit wet. You can use the dry end to lightly pull the skin around the eye. The stick/handle part can be used to hold your natural lashes out of the way (don’t move them to much or the fake and natural ones will be at compete different angles) The damp end is great for if you do miss place it so you can quickly get the glue off with more ease.

Hope this helps, and as KittyCotten said be patient. The first time I ever used false lashes I bought two sets. One was just to practice at home with before I actually went out with them on. Oh, and I really like Ardell lashes and glue.

MeowQuack
Style_council
MeowQuack

I know!
I’ve only tried twice, and both times ended in failure! :(
I can never grasp the ‘technique’ behind putting these lashes on, when everyone else makes it look easy.

But these tips are nice and helpful, maybe I’ll get it next time. :)

tenoria
Style_council
tenoria

Patience is definitely key! I also use a damp q-tip like Cursed_Kross, but usually with a basic lotion or jojoba oil instead of water. This is not a good idea if you line your eyes before applying lashes, but it helps keep the glue tacky and your lid clean as you apply.

A couple videos I like:
- http://www.maccosmetics.com/makeup_artistry/video_falselashes.tmpl
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ8gIEgBYbY <— Tutorial at Shu Uemura lash bar; this one is really helpful because it goes through the steps slowly.

Good luck!

kayeseven
Style_council
kayeseven

thanks you guys!

kayeseven
Style_council
kayeseven

i hope that the next time i try it will be a success! thanks for the tips!

penelopeflower
Style_council
penelopeflower

I think it has alot to do with the quality of the glue as well as how you apply them. The glue that comes with lashes is often useless and cheap. It is worth buying individual glue if you use false lashes alot. You can see the different glues here – http://eyelashglue.webs.com

Lou x

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

I use the normal demi lashes. And I only do a bead of glue on the end. Blow on it hard for 10 seconds, then apply with tweezers :)

ChanelCraves
Style_council
ChanelCraves

Bend the lashes before applying, it curves the lashes so its easier to apply. Search on you-tube they have some great videos that shows you how to apply them.

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

All u have to do is keep practicing and also look on youtube

REPLY TO DISCUSSION