Twitter
Googleplus
merissa
Style_council
merissa

okay i know alot if girls struggle with this so do i ,
i have the tiniest hairs though but it still bugs me

ive tried bleaching the hair with face bleach but it comes back in 1 week

im scared to try cream removal im afraid it will make my hair grow back thicker and uglier
help!!!!!!!!!!

posted over 4 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I’ve only tried waxing. It works pretty well and for me it doesn’t grow back thicker. Haven’t tried bleaching, but i think waxing is a lot better than using the hair removal cream. and i don’t think waxing hurts that much either! with the cream you’d have to be careful about it being ok for your skin (otherwise you might get a rash!) and be careful about not leaving it on for too long/ not getting it on your lips and stuff.

posted over 4 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

I deal with bushy eyebrows and a bit on the upper lip. I used to get both waxed. But waxing isnt great for the skin as it breaks down the collogen i think?

Anyway, THREADING, is amazing. its an indian thing. they shape your eyebrows wonderfully

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I agree with getting it waxed. Thats what I do and its not that painful. Its quick and easy

posted over 4 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

you can either get it waxed, or try threading. I’d say electrolysis normally for facial hair but since you say it’s fine you may not be the best candidate for that. I just wax.

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

When it comes to eyebrow hair and the hair on the mole on my face (ick!) I just pluck with a good pair of tweezers. Since I know what I want my brows to look like, every time I see a hair growing out of place I just take care of it right away, so it’s not a huge time commitment and I can always just maintain my look.

For upper lip hair I recommend waxing. I’ve noticed it’s harder to pluck and seems to hurt more, and waxing is (as others have said) quick and easy.

I’ve been suspicious of hair-removal cream ever since my sister practically burned a hole in her leg from Nair. It seems like they always either irritate your skin or don’t work. (Though it probably just depends on your hair type and skin sensitivity).

posted over 4 years ago

Anastasia_Azuline
Style_council
Anastasia_Az...

I agree, waxing is the best solution! But do it an hour or 2 before going to bed, so your skin can relax a little. It will reduce redness the day after! ^^

posted over 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

I always wax my eyebrows and pluck in between appointments. I always go somewhere to get it done because I’m too afraid to do it myself!

For upper lip hair I get waxed whenever I get my eyebrows waxed but my hair there grows back quickly (like 3-4 days) so I just end up using a hair-removal cream. I use the Sally Hansen Cream Hair Remover Kit for Face which can be found at any drugstore. And I’m pretty sure they have a version for sensitive skin as well!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION