SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
bbyyen
Style_council
bbyyen

just wondering i don’t really wear flip flops and this year is the first year i have ever had sandals
so do you match your hands with your feet, colour wise?
I dont know the same colour on both to me kinda seems too much, but then totally different colours seems a bit like a 5 year old who paints her nails alternate colours, some of my friends still do that…i love them… lol
no but really what do you do? colours that compliment each other? or do you just do what you want?

I only really wear bold colours like now i have coral toes and i’m contemplating metallic turqoise on my hands… can it be done?

posted about 5 years ago
1 3
moonbrain
Style_council
moonbrain

I don’t. Right now my toes are black and my hands are gold.

posted over 3 years ago

Lizzmz
New_user Lizzmz is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Lizzmz reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Lizzmz

Yes, To match my prom dress

posted over 3 years ago

kakakakakaktya
Style_council
kakakakakaktya

Depends. Haha. Right now they match because I got an amazing green nailpolish and my toes were painted red before so I didn’t want to have my fingernails green and then look like a Christmas tree..haha.

posted over 3 years ago

headbandit
Style_council
headbandit

I think it looks nice when you wear the same color in different hues. Say, a pale blue color on your toes and navy on your fingers. Not too matchy-matchy but it still goes together.

posted over 3 years ago

a_chang
Style_council
a_chang

I usually have my toes the same color as my fingers but darker. If I’m not really looking for my toes to stand out I’ll just paint them a nude color or do a french tip.

posted over 3 years ago

missrachelphipps
Style_council
missrachelph...

I don’t really match them up at all, because lighter pastel colours look better on my fingers, but don’t look good on my feet – so there I go for darker colours – I just try and make sure they don’t clash!

posted over 3 years ago

krisbliss
Style_council
krisbliss

I don’t care about matching! I rarely do actually lol. You can get away with bolder colors on toes than on the hands, so I usually get a crazy color (not too crazy) on my feet, and a more subtle color on my hands. But then sometimes I wear crazy colors on my hands, so it’s really what you’re into. Don’t think too much about it! As long as it’s a neat mani/pedi, you’re rockin!

posted over 3 years ago

ShayG
Style_council
ShayG

I don’t do it all the time, I usually try to keep soft brights on my toes, and however im feeling for the week or the day on my hands… go with how u feel…

posted over 3 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I just try to make sure that the colors don’t clash, but that’s all I do.

posted over 3 years ago

dopefeen
New_user dopefeen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When dopefeen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dopefeen

It’s funny to see so many responses to this thread. Clearly, there is no written rule when it comes to polish. Historically, women began polishing nails when her shoes did not allow for exposed feet. When footwear evolved, she naturally used the same pigment to adorn her feet.

Today, our on-the-go lifestyles do not always allow us to change our toenail AND fingernail polish while our wardrobe choices move us from pumps to sandals within several hours! So, more often than not, we end up with different colors between hands and feet.

“Whenever in doubt, go with intuition” <= if this always worked, we wouldn’t seek advice from fashion blogs! A french mani and hot pink toes do not work – at all.

Polish is just that! It completes the look. It is an extension of your great grooming habits. Do not haphazardly drizzle those fingertips without considering your toenail polish. This way, you’ll never step out in public wondering if it’s okay. You should KNOW that you are jet-set ready to go before you step over your door’s threshold.

Even if you are donning denim blue fingernails with frosted petal pink toenails … do it like you meant it! (Then fix it as soon as you can)! :)

posted over 3 years ago

jenuang
Style_council
jenuang

i never thinks its an issue. cute all the same. and i love mixing colors

posted over 3 years ago

LydiaHibbing
Style_council
LydiaHibbing

No not always :)
the trend now is to have a different colour on all of your nails :)
There was a big campaign I saw in Elle or Vogue about this.

posted over 3 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I don’t alternate fingers or anything, but it’s very very rare that my toes match my nails. Both are probably chipped anyway…i like the hardcore, roughed up look :)

posted over 3 years ago

40sClassic
Style_council
40sClassic

Mines never match, a bit too much inmy opinion for hands and toes to be the same, boring…..

posted over 3 years ago

morganalex
New_user morganalex is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When morganalex reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
morganalex

basically all the time my toenails are black and my fingernails are whatever colour i feel like doing.

the black on my toes rarely get chipped so i just take it off every once and a while, apply a new base coat and do them black again. means they go with practically everything and painted toes are much nicer than plain!

i don’t normally paint my fingernails black so no, they don’t normally match x

posted over 3 years ago

sunshine_madi
New_user sunshine_madi is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When sunshine_madi reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sunshine_madi

I never do, I guess it’s a matter of personal opinion.

posted over 3 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION