SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
channierie
Style_council
channierie

im here again! :) new problem. and this time, its mine.

well, im not this dark as compared to before. i used to have fair whit skin. but since i engaged into sports and other activities — which i am exposed to the sun, i noticed my skin is becoming dark. i thought i will become as it was before. it it didnt. i am using whitening lotions, but i dont think they’re really effective.

what do you think?

posted over 4 years ago
PrettyGirlsVintage
Style_council
PrettyGirlsV...

I think dark skin is beautiful. If your skin tone is uneven maybe cocoa butter may help.

posted over 4 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

really? yeah, i a lot of white people like filipino skin which is “normal” dark. not too dark and not too white.

how will i apply cocoa butter? like a lotion or something?

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think it’s generally more effective (and probably safer) to apply sunscreen before going out in the sun then to try to bleach it back once you’ve tanned.

If you’d prefer to stay pale, use a moisturizer with SPF as your daily moisturizer and apply a higher SPF in a sweatproof formula when you play sports or do other outdoor activities. Find a cute wide-brimmed hat and wear it when you go out on sunny days. Tans and burns from the sun almost always fade in time as your skin naturally renews itself, so if you are proactive about sunscreen in the future you should be able to keep the skintone you prefer.

If the color still doesn’t fade entirely, don’t stress out. For uneven skin tone, I guess try PrettyGirlsVintage’s suggestion about cocoa butter, which can be purchased in lotions (or as its own product) and is rubbed on the skin. But remember having a little color from being in the sun is not unhealthy, nor is it unattractive. Really the color of the skin doesn’t matter so much as simply being healthy and confident in it!

posted over 4 years ago

channierie
Style_council
channierie

i agree! you are so right. well, im not as conscious as i was before when it comes to my skin. but i freaked out after i went for a vacation. but i think its fine now :)

thanks .

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

How does the cocoa butter work to even skin tone? And will it clog pores?

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION