Twitter
Googleplus
MandyM
New_user MandyM is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MandyM reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MandyM

have you ever tried cutting your own hair?
i ve tried twice,
First long time ago, and it was very bad :/ was dealing with result for long time :D
Second time recently, was much better, I was positively suprised.

What are your experiences on that?

posted about 2 years ago
BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I’ve never cut my own hair but I have cut my partner’s. He has long hair so I just trimmed off the straggly ends. It was fun and it looked so much better afterwards!

posted about 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Lately I have been trimming my own split ends a lot. I also used to always trim my bangs too. I’ve never gave myself a full on hair cut though.

posted about 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

I’ve cut my own hair before. I’ve done layers, front bangs,etc. I think it’s most important to know exactly what you want ahead of time rather than just going for it without thinking. It’s pretty easy if you understand the basics. Just watch a professional, then try it out :)

posted about 2 years ago

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

I’ve cut my bangs before, they turn out fine.

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I’ve been cutting my own hair for the past year. It looks good but probably because it’s long and wavy so the mistakes get hidden with my messy mop of hair haha.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I’ve been cutting my own hair for like, 3 years now. last time i went to a salon, they lopped off half a foot more than I requested, and I got nasty split ends because they used a razor.

it helps to section your hair off according to how hair naturally falls, and always snip up/angled instead of straight across.

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I cut my own bangs always and i edit my layers when needed. Always with great results :) Just take it slow, and don’t cut a lot at a time! watch youtube tutorials if you don’t know what to do!!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION