SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
umbrellas
Style_council
umbrellas

Okay, so I really want a cartilage piercing on my ear. However my mom doesn’t want me to get it, because of the health risks. So I’m researching it and looking for some feedback about cartilage piercings to convince her that if I take the necessary precautions and am responsible about it, then it will be okay. I would really appreciate it if those of you who have gotten a piercing like this gave me any advice, information, feedback etc on this
thanks!
ella

posted over 5 years ago
1 2
short_sweet
Style_council
short_sweet

i got one done not professonally
they used a gun
at alittle nail salon
it heart and it got infected
i realy want to try an industial

posted about 4 years ago

invisiblemonster
Style_council
invisiblemon...

i have (or used to have) an industrial and another cartilage piercing. they both got a little infected at first but healed over time. just make sure you soak it with a sea salt solution. i wouldn’t use any healing alcohols because that kills the “good” stuff along with the bad.

just make sure that you don’t remove your piercing for more than a day after it heals. i took mine out for a few days, thinking nothing would happen, and all my piercings closed up. it makes me so sad.

posted about 4 years ago

AshleyKins
Style_council
AshleyKins

I had the gun done when I was younger (around 9 or 10) and it hurt very bad plus it got infected. When I turned 18 I got it done with a needle, twice on the same side, and it was far less painful and no problems to speak of.

posted about 4 years ago

julissa
Style_council
julissa

i had a cartilage piercing about 2 years ago done …i would recommend going to a professional body piercing shop to go get it done..i got it @ claires and it just popped my cartilage out and gave me a bump behing my ear.. i guess i got an allergic reaction or something…

posted about 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

sounds risky..but i guess if you take care of it

posted about 4 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I’ve had my cartilage pierced three times with a gun with no problems. When my boyfriend had his pierced a few years ago, I guess the gun damaged his cartilage and it healed by growing a MASSIVE bump behind his ear! Since then he went to get it lasered off (Very painful)

Recently I talked to a friend who has the same problem. She left it untouched for almost half a year… and now there is a huge skin mass on the front AND back of the ear! She is too scared to laser it off, but with it there she never wants to do anything with her hair =(

I would say go with the needle!

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION