SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fifiwonder
Style_council
fifiwonder

I’m about to run out of my Dior Pure Light foundation and the UK is discontinuing it. Can anyone recommend an alternative?

I used to use Dermalogica tinted moisuriser but now prefer slightly more coverage – but it still needs to be quite light for a foundation. I like Pure Light as its light reflective, really sheer and doesn’t look cakey/flakey.

Any recommendations would be great!

posted over 5 years ago
murph
Style_council
murph

Prescriptives tinted moisturizer. It’s called traceless. I’ve been using it every day for 5 years. AMAZING. Or any presriiptives product for that matter. They are the ultimate in foundations.

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

My only advice is : go to a M.A.C store

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Makeup Forever’s ‘face and body liquid makeup’ is the absolute BEST!!!! And I’ve used everything from Armani to Dior to Lancome. MUFE takes the cake.

It goes on super light and feels like water, not chemical goop, yet gives incredible coverage. The coverage is buildable, so you won’t look cakey. It NEVER looks like you’re wearing ANY makeup at all (so long as you apply properly). Your skin will never feel gross when you wear it. It’s oil free so it won’t clog pores, is suitable for photo shoots (not loaded with sunscreens that cause the flash to make you ghost white), and wardrobe stylists LOVE IT because it’s transfer resistant, so it’s hard to soil clothes with it. About $40.00 a bottle, but a wise investment. If you want something a lil’ heavier, MUFE’s ‘mat velvet’ is amazing as well. Additionally, their HD foundation works wonders in photos, but isn’t a good ‘real life’ foundation, imo.
posted over 5 years ago

Jody
Style_council
Jody

i love clinique tinted moisturiser. it gives really good coverage but is light and fresh. it also stays on really well.

posted over 5 years ago

jaded
Style_council
jaded

laura mercier has some really good tinted moisturizer

posted about 5 years ago

Sooty
Style_council
Sooty

Have you tried just mixing a heavy foundation with a regular moisturizer? That works for me, two birds with one stone

posted about 5 years ago

yourmess
Style_council
yourmess

I like Smashbox’s Tinted Moisturizer on regular days and when I’m going out I just use the Bare Essentials foundation over it.

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Clinique supermoisture foundation is really good. I have dry skin and most foundation look flaky on me but this doesn’t. I wouldn’t say it’s really sheer, but it is quite light.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION