SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

my hair isn’t super dry, but it does hold on to water after i shower and takes an extremely long time to dry.

my hairstylist suggested i use a tiny bit of argan oil in my hair after i shower, and i’ve been doing it for a few months. it’s made such a difference! it makes my black hair shinier and even softer—and drying it isn’t as much of a nightmare anymore.

does anyone else use argan oil? (also known as moroccan oil)

posted over 4 years ago
creamofthecrop
Style_council
creamofthecrop

i heard that stuffs pretty good! I really need it for my hair too, ever since i got my perm my hairs gotten a lot drier, you can’t really tell but when I straighten it, my hair looks extremely dry. It’s just a little too pricey for me though, is it with every penny?

posted over 4 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

well when i first got it, all i found at the beauty supply store was the moroccan oil one which was about $30. after checking it out in a few other stores, i realized that the “one n only” brand one is a much better deal for the same exact thing-just not in a heavy feeling glass bottle.

i definitely think it’s worth it-you use a tiny tiny bit so it’ll go a long way and it does change your dry hair pretty fast!

posted over 4 years ago

dakueenmorena
Style_council
dakueenmorena

i actually use this product called hot oil 6 or seven wonders in the ethnic section of the hair isle and i love it. i usually put some in a bowl and microwave it until it’s warm and really work it into my hair. i then put a plastic shower cap or just plain grocery bag to keep the heat in and keep it on for like 30 mins. i just wash it out and my hair looks awesome. the bottle is def. less than $10 and it’s really good to mix with your lotion, leave in conditioner, cuticle care system, etc. and i really like the smell too!!!

posted over 4 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Argan oil is a golden god for my hair.

posted over 4 years ago

oinky
Style_council
oinky

I’d actually love to try it, I have ridiculously damaged hair from bleaching it platinum, I’ll try to hunt some down in Dublin.

I’ve been leaving mayonnaise to sit on my hair for 20 minutes before a shower, and I find it’s made an incredibly huge difference in the condition of my hair :)

posted over 4 years ago

ChanelCraves
Style_council
ChanelCraves

Where can you get argan oil and what’s a good brand?

posted over 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

I wanna try it too. I think I saw it at sallys beauty supple but I’m not too sure but imma check on ebay cause I always shop on ebay

posted over 4 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

i heard its really good

posted over 2 years ago

LauraWolfhart
New_user LauraWolfhart is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When LauraWolfhart reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LauraWolfhart

Your hairstylist is right! Argan oil is a really great conditioner for your hair, I use Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil and my hair has never looked smoother or shinier. I really recommend this brand :)

posted over 2 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

that oil is definitely worth it! I’m in the process of getting my hair to platinum, and it’s definitely a life saver!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION