SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mariagonzales
Style_council
mariagonzales

So I often wear false eye lashes and thinking about getting myself hair extentions. I was curious if you ladies will pretend it’s real or ADMIT your faking. I get compliments on my eye lashes a lot followed by being asked if they are real…. What Would You Do? :)

posted about 5 years ago
railophone
Style_council
railophone

I like being completely honest.

I don’t wear falsies, and I don’t have extensions, but I don’t see why you should keep it a secret. There’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Besides, I get bad impressions when someone lies.

posted about 5 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I agree with Stereoskyline. I don’t wear either of these as well, but I would just be honest. The worst thing is that they may find out your lying, and that could get a little.. awkward? Plus, I think it makes people more human-like when they admit to something like that while they are all glammed up. And it can be something to talk about.

posted about 5 years ago

mariagonzales
Style_council
mariagonzales

Don’t get me wrong…I’m always honest about it. I was just wondering if I was alone on this. I know lots of people who would be embarassed to say it’s fake. Imagine meeting a guy who you late ron become serious with and he finds out you have short hair, no lashes, stuffed bra and so on and so on :) NOT THAT I STUFF lol I’m small and proud of it :)

posted about 5 years ago

ThursdaysChild
Style_council
ThursdaysChild

I get the question… I totally always say something is fake is that’s what it is… but that’s my personality. if my boobs look nice I’ll credit the bra, if my lashes look nice I’ll credit the mascara (or falsies… but then again my real lashes are SO short that it would just be a totally blatant lie if I tried to pass them off as real). I don’t think most guys would ask that sort of thing… do they even have the insider info to know that girls wear falsies? haha but my boyfriend does say about bra inserts that I should be arrested by the police for fraud (it’s some Dane Cook joke).

posted about 5 years ago

miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

I use false eyelashes and I actually have pointed it out that they are fake. I don’t wear them too much though, because I wouldn’t want people to get used to seeing me with these super long lashes and then see me without them and think “what happened to her?”

If anyone asked if I was wearing falsies, I would say yes. If someone just complimented me, I’d probably just say thanks.

posted about 5 years ago

DigitalMK
Style_council
DigitalMK

I used to have really long hair and I chopped 13" off to donate to Locks of Love.. So last year I got 18" hair extensions weaved in :) I was so happy (extensions are in my icon picture)!! When people asked I would just saaay yeah it’s real hair.. Just not mine hahah

posted about 5 years ago

mariagonzales
Style_council
mariagonzales

LOL very good point DigitalMK!

posted about 5 years ago

DiorKiss
Style_council
DiorKiss

I don’t know what to say either. I have a pair of clip-in extensions I wear when I curl my hair just to give it more body, but I don’t like admitting it’s fake! My girl friends know of course, but I don’t think guys will understand why girls put pieces of fake hair in their own.
But then again… what dó they understand.

posted about 5 years ago

sandii
Style_council
sandii

I wear false eyelashes a lot too! when ppl ask, I just tell them the truth.

Otherwise, it might backfire one day when they see you without them and you may have to go into a lengthy explanation about where your eyelashes went…LOL. this has happened to me before.

posted about 5 years ago

lavuson
Style_council
lavuson

I think it is better to be honest, there is nothing wrong wearing fakies than pretending. (I am talking about the hair and stuff not the bags, wallets, all they scattered around for like years)

posted about 5 years ago

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

Fake eyelashes only at halloween…
But I dye my hair and wear makeup, so that’s pretty fake too…
I don’t think anything is wrong with it.
It annoys me when someone obviously has extensions but try to lie about it.

posted about 5 years ago

itsalovelylife
Style_council
itsalovelylife

I love fake eyelashes but only wear them on certain occasions. One of my besties wears them all the time and is always honest about it and even points it out herself. There’s definitely no shame in it! :)

posted about 5 years ago

heyshauna
Style_council
heyshauna

If someone complimented my eyelashes or hair, I wouldn’t say, “Thanks, they’re fake!”
But if they asked, I wouldn’t lie about it.
Same with self-tanning lotions. I don’t announce that I used them, but I’m not going to lie about if someone asks. That’s just silly. :)

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION