SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kavzme
Style_council
kavzme

Is the description of being beautiful and fashionable…devoid of any shape, size and color or….does it comprise of certain factors / criteria ? ! Let me know….coz i just im beginning to get the impression of a certain monotonous following.

posted about 3 years ago
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i dont get the idea of your post,i dont think shape size or color makes you fashionable,for my experience here almost everyone are ultimately loving fashion as a way of expression( as the word art maybe too much).there is a big amount of monotonous fellowing too

posted about 3 years ago

kavzme
Style_council
kavzme

@Patlaenz…what i mean is…to look beautiful and stylish…does one have to fit into being in a certain category of body type and skin colour or u really have to be unique in expressing yourself??

posted about 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

All I know is that if your nice, it makes you even prettier, if your mean, it makes you uglier.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

It’s culture and time dependent, there’s no ‘monotony’. There may be overarching normative trends for each culture, but that completely overlooks individual preferences—and as the saying goes, ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ :)

posted about 3 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Agreed with new american ^ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is something beautiful and unique about each of us that makes us who we are. Taking care of yourself doesn’t hurt either :)

posted about 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

be unique,its all about you in fashion,nobody should care what others think…

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

A small part of human beauty is objective, and has to do with biology: there have been studies that show that humans prefer other humans who show traits associated with good health and fertility, like symmetrical features, an hourglass figure for women, a thick head of hair, even skin tone, etc. However, that’s still a very wide range of beauty!

Culture also has something to do with it, with certain groups of people preferring different physical features, like curvier vs. skinner, dark vs. light hair, dark vs. light skin, etc or elements of fashion like more or less conservative, more or less feminine, etc. But even within a certain culture there will be individuals who do not share the dominant preference.

And as if that weren’t complicated enough, humans also find novelty and uniqueness attractive. If you look at some of the most famously beautiful people in history, they often have a distinguishing trait like a mole, an exaggerated feature (large eyes, large nose, large lips, etc) or some asymmetry, or who dress in a unique or iconic way. A person who is different in his/her appearance or style but confident in that will attract attention, and that is attractive to many people.

Overall I agree withnewamericanclassic: There are overarching patterns to what different cultures and people in general find beautiful, but as long as you are healthy and confident in yourself and your look you can guarantee there will always be people who find you beautiful.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION