SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I bought some cheap nail polish from Walgreens yesterday because I loved the mint color but it dryed sort of rough and I don’t know…
What are some good brands of nail polish that are under $10?

posted about 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

the better known ones are essie, OPI, china glaze etc. but honestly, as long as it’s well-pigmented, a decent top coat (seche vite?) can make any polish good.

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I really like China Glaze, I buy both China Glaze and OPI and China Glaze always lasts longer on my nails. I also really like Sally Hansen, Hard as Nails is about $3 and it’s pretty awesome.

posted about 2 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

Live by OPI.

posted about 2 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

If you’re the kind of person who dislikes strongly scented nail polishes, then you might like Zoya. I think Whole Foods carries them. :D

posted about 2 years ago

janelbruan
Style_council
janelbruan

China Glaze, OPI, and Essie are all around $9 and have a variety of colors and lasting color. For me, I also really like Sally Hansen’s Extreme Wear nail polish bc their polishes are really long wearing and they’re like $2-3. Also, Essie and Seche Vite have really good top coats and can enhance the finish of your polish.

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love the Sally Hansen Insta Dry nail polishes… they go on smoothly and dry crazy fast. They do chip quickly if you don’t apply top coat though. They are about $4.50 at WalMart.

I do not, however, like the Sally Hansen Hard As Nails polishes. The formula is too goopy and runny, and didn’t last at all.

I also like the Brash nail polishes from Payless. I didn’t expect it to be awesome, since I bought it at a shoe store and paid $1.99, but it lasted for almost two weeks before it even started to chip (without topcoat). Definitely recommend it!

posted about 2 years ago

deborah08
Style_council
deborah08

I swear by China Glaze

posted 12 months ago

Taipei
Style_council
Taipei

Well the best nail polish I ever tried is from Farmec, it is a brand in my country and it is very cheap somewhere at the price or 3 euro. http://www.farmec.ro/produse/cosmetica-decorativa/farmec-ultrarezistent—-lac-pentru-unghii-in-diferite-nuante-191.html

posted 12 months ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I have the same problem with cheap polish that’s why I usually buy from ELF, http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ . They got really nice prices, and pretty colours! :)

posted 12 months ago

LiltLife
Style_council
LiltLife

Gel is always the logest lasting but its expensive so I’ll go with essie and Opi!!

If you file your nails and buff them to where they are a bit rough and apply a base coat if will last longer, also you must wait for each coat to be COMPLETELY dry before you apply the next coat. I always finish with a top coat to protect the color.. So I end up with three or four coats (depending on the actual thickness of the color) and it lasts usually a week without looking bad ;)

posted 11 months ago

Thebeautyblogx1
Style_council
Thebeautyblogx1

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if you took a look at my YT channel:

http://youtube.com/thebeautyblogx1

If you like my videos, it would mean so much if you subscribed :)

Thanks so much

Alexa

xxx

posted 11 months ago

Ashlie_Fay
Style_council
Ashlie_Fay

china glaze and opi are favourites, i’m going to try Essie for the first time next week but i’d say you should definitely invest in a decent top coat because it makes all the difference! xx

posted 11 months ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

Essie, OPI and Revlon are my favorites!

posted 11 months ago

Melipeach
Style_council
Melipeach

I like essie and chinaglaze~

posted 11 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION