SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Ashley_K
Style_council
Ashley_K

Ok, so for as long as I can remember I have always been skinny. Then all of a sudden my appetite is much larger and i am actually growing fat!

I am not very fit- i get tired really easily from excersise and I have a big appetite so it’s really hard for me to control myself around food.

My main problem area is my thighs.

Does anyone have any tips? Help would be greatly appreciated!

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

First of all, how old are you? If you are still in your teens or even your early 20s, you may still be growing and changing shape. Even if you started going through puberty several years ago that doesn’t mean you are done with the changes. While I got my first period at 13, I didn’t stop growing until 18 or 19 and in that time my weight redistributed differently to the curvier parts of my body like breasts, butt, thighs, and belly.

It’s okay to be eating more, especially when your body craves it— just make sure you are being healthy about it. Since you have naturally been skinny, you may not have had to watch what you eat, so you may need to start. I had a high metabolism throughout my teens, but it’s started slowing down in the past couple years and so I’ve started to do that myself. I can’t “get away with” eating whatever I want anymore. Figure out a healthy calorie intake for your size and weight (try this calculator) and include a variety of carbs, protein, fruits/veggies, and vitamins in your diet.

Don’t try to deprive yourself of food, because if your body is craving it it’s probably for a reason. Eat, but just make sure that what you are eating is good for you. To keep from overeating or snacking just because you’re bored, drink lots of water and eat snacks and meals that will make you feel full, with foods rich in protein.

Persevere with the exercise. Once it becomes a regular habit, it will not be so exhausting. Start off slow and build up to a higher level— increase the length of time you do a certain exercise, increase the distance you run gradually over time, etc. It might help to get your exercise from a sport or activity you enjoy rather than regular trips to the gym, or incorporating exercise into your daily routine. (Personally, I just commute by bike as much as possible— I can’t cheap out and quit early because I’d never get to where I was going!).

If your weight is just distributing differently because of a growth spurt, your thighs may not change much shape from diet alone. The best way to help with this is to keep them toned with exercises like squats and lunges.

posted over 4 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

I agree with MurasakiNeko, but let me add this about excersise.
When you think of it as excersise, it can be boring. Sometimes all you need to do is change how you look at it or even your approach.
Personal example: I run longer when I run outside, but after about ten minutes on a treadmill I want to stop.
Have you tried a sport? What’s great about sports is that you’re working towards a specific goal (winning) so your mind will be focused on that instead of on being tired. And even if you do lose the game, you will still be getting in shape, which is your primary goal for the long run anyways.
If you don’t want to join an organized team or anything try getting your friends together to swim at the pool instead of just tanning, or play a game of Ultimate Frisbee. Anything to make it fun.

posted over 4 years ago

Ashley_K
Style_council
Ashley_K

thankyou so much—-i just enrolled myself into dancing classes and i start in about five weeks- hopefully that would get me back on track!

posted over 4 years ago

cem90
Style_council
cem90

OMG, I totally forgot about dancing! But yeah, that’s another really good idea.

posted over 4 years ago

JessicaMKR
Style_council
JessicaMKR

swimming is great exercise
i started taking a swimming class and they teach us different strokes and we swim laps. whenever i get tired i just hang on the side of the pool until i catch my breath but just in one month i havent lost weight but i am losing cellulite on my thighs and butt :) and i can feel my stamina getting better, i can swim more laps than when i first started.
check your local rec center, gyms, or colleges about classes.

posted over 4 years ago

JessicaMKR
Style_council
JessicaMKR

especially if you get sore when you exercise. i have a shoulder and knee injury and swimming is really easy on my joints. its like the opposite of running but still great for you

posted over 4 years ago

mayfield_vintage
Style_council
mayfield_vin...

try making a simple rule for yourself.

every time you go to your closet, you have to do 15 lunges. increase the amount of lunges over time.

it will become routine and you’ll be a champ at lunges with the toned thighs to prove it!

posted over 4 years ago

wickedweedz
Style_council
wickedweedz

2-3L of water a day plus exrcise :)

posted over 4 years ago

Katy90
Style_council
Katy90

eat slowly, sometimes we don’t actually have a big appetite but its the brain that will tell us if we are already full or not, eating slowly will give us awareness the food that we consume and will stop when realised that we are fully. excercise and drink lots of water

posted over 4 years ago

JackieEileen
Style_council
JackieEileen

dance has to be the best ever it will give you the best body you can get.

posted over 4 years ago

Neelam
Style_council
Neelam

Do something you enjoy, Like I hate exercise aswell and it just tires me out as im not enjoying it when doing it. But I love dancing, so i just dance in my room everyday. I dance like crazy, some of the moves I do are stupid, but fun and the main thing is im burning fat. But you really shouldnt let it get you down, thats what makes it worse. Just remain positive and be happy. That is probably the best cure, and the rest will all just fall into place…omg this reply sounds so deep lol…but hope it helps.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION