Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TheUglyDuckling
New_user TheUglyDuckling is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheUglyDuckling reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheUglyDuckling

I am very thin.
I’m shy of 100 lbs
and I want to gain some weigh before the summer.
It seems like a lot of people these day want to lose weight but I’m a little different I guess :/
Whent I tell my friends this they look at me like I’m crazy and say that they’d love to be thin like me and what not but idc.
I was wondering if anyone has some advice about what would be good to eat in order to pack on a few pounds.

posted over 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

The key is to gain the weight in healthy ways. Eat more carbohydrates (60-70% of your meal), but make sure they are healthy carbs like whole grains. Consume more fat but in the form of nuts, avocados, etc— things with healthy, beneficial fat. And while you should still eat a variety of fruits and veggies, try to get a lot that give you more bang for your buck in regards to calories. For example, bananas are more calorie-rich than watery fruits like apples and melons. You can find lists of foods that are best to choose like this online. (For example, here’s one).

You can also take weight loss tips and reverse them, like AVOID drinking water before a meal, TRY to sneak in extra calories by putting more slices of cheese in your sandwich, etc. Snack frequently throughout the day.

If you’re really concerned about your weight and can’t seem to keep it in healthy range no matter what you do, I recommend you talk to a doctor. You might have a thyroid or hormonal condition that speeds up your metabolism. Some conditions have other complications besides low weight (like low blood sugar, insomnia OR oversleeping, etc) so you’d probably want to get treated if you have something like that.

And one last thing: Don’t skimp out on exercise just because you’re trying to gain weight. You still want to be toned at your larger size!

posted over 3 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

yes murasakineko gave some good tips. how tall are you by the way? If you are on the shorter side and not too much under the average weight, you shouldn’t worry too much about it. Everyone has their own unique healthy weight and its not that great to stuff yourself with unhealthy things like chips and soda and desserts. As long as you’re not way under or way over the weight you should be for your height, you should be comfortable with yourself^^

posted over 3 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

Up your protein intake. Do weight-lifting exercises.

This will help you build muscle and while it might not necessarily make you look bigger, you’ll be heavier and stronger.

And whatever you do, if people try to advise you to just laze around and eat hamburgers all day, ignore them. They’re idiots.

posted over 3 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

Definitely try strength training, it can make a big difference in appearance (and strength, obviously :])

You could also try adding protein shakes or snacks between meals…

I have two super super skinny friends (think stick like) who eat more than anyone but still want to gain weight…regardless of what they ate they didn’t see a difference in themselves until they started exercising regularly…and then they saw muscle right away, because they’re so thin. It’s not like they got huge, but instead of self described “anorexic” arms and “chicken” legs, they both felt stronger and better about themselves. :)

posted over 3 years ago

TheUglyDuckling
New_user TheUglyDuckling is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheUglyDuckling reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheUglyDuckling

Thanks everyone for the tips C: They sound really helpful.
I’m about 5’3 by the way and I can eat quite a bit when I want to and I do snack frequently but I just stay the same.
I definitely will be trying these out though, it doesn’t seem like it would hurt.

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

Yes try what Murasakineko said, she provided a lot of useful information! Dont stressed out in gaining weight, it wont happen that fast. Good luck in weight gaining. although I think you are in the right weight though.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION