SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katelinh
Style_council
katelinh

It’s always there. As much as I am confident with who I am and what I look like, my bulging belly always frustrates me. I feel that as an teenager, this chub wouldn’t be so agonizing or apparent. Moreover, I run three seasons of track! Are you supposed to do 500 ab repeats plus starvation because it just won’t go away!

posted over 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

I am by no means a nutritionist/doctor/fitness expert, but if you’ve been on a consistent/long-term healthy exercise and diet track, then the bulge could simply be genetic. Sometimes, people aren’t able to lose weight, no matter what they do. If you’re really concerned about it, you should probably ask a doctor or nutritionist for advice. Although, I think any sane person who cares about you will at least advise you not to starve yourself. Starvation is never the answer, especially if you’re doing such rigorous workouts.

posted over 5 years ago

nora101
Style_council
nora101

If you starve yourself, your telling your body that its time to store fat. Even if its just the accessional skip a meal or eat less than what fills you up not eating when your body is hungry is going to slow down your metabolism because it cant afford to burn fat if it doesn’t know if and when your next meal is coming. Our body’s are quite amazing really, you should be eating small amounts but constantly to feed your metabolism, its like a fire and the food is like wood it keeps it going. Also your body gets use to the workout routine it adapts and makes it less effective, try doing a different kind of ab exercise.

Also it will help if instead of working just your abs works all your muscles. It’s hard to target one specific area if you work your whole body you actually have a better chance of losing weight all over. It might not make sense but your body is one big machine and you have to work all the parts to get some of the other parts to cooperate (that’s what my gym trainer told me)

Also are you just doing crunches? because that only works upper abs try some different abb exercises and make sure your doing them properly sucking in your abdominal while you do them leg lifts are good the plant um also push ups believe it or not are a great all over body exercise it works your arms back abs and shoulders

posted over 5 years ago

nora101
Style_council
nora101

*plank not plant haha

posted over 5 years ago

prettycake
Style_council
prettycake

i’m convinced myself that tummy pudge is beautiful. don’t listen to everybody else who tries to tell you otherwise ;)

posted over 5 years ago

puuki
Style_council
puuki

I’m not an expert on this but this is pretty common advice and it has worked for me in minimizing my pooch. I managed to lose the weight gained over Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners by going to the gym almost daily and watching what I eat. Basically I watch out for foods that are high in carbs, sodium, and sugar (some is ok), eat plenty of veggies, fruits (when I want a sweets fix), lots of water (my SIGG bottle is really cute so it somehow motivates me to refill it often). For smoothies, I avoid places that use ice cream.

posted over 5 years ago

ThursdaysChild
Style_council
ThursdaysChild

stress make tummy pudge. no joke. so I guess you can cut out all stress in your life and maybe that’ll help that tummy go away… but yeah, who am I kidding?

although obviously it’s probably going to have to do mostly with genetics (think about whether your mom/dad/aunts have tummy pudge… dad counts a little less b/c men are more likely to be “apple”-shaped anyway). Sometimes you just have to embrace what nature gave you! good thing billowy tops are socially acceptable ;)

posted over 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

I’m naturally quite thin, but i hold ALL my weight in my stomach. it’s so annoying because i have stick limbs, no boobs, and my tummy pooch. so i understand how you feel! however, i have a really busy semester and am always too exhausted to even attempt to work out. but cutting down on sugar probably would help a lot, that’s what i’m going to try. And aerobic activities are actually better for getting rid of belly fat than doing sit-ups or crunches. Sit-ups just build muscles, they don’t get rid of fat the way aerobic exercise will.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION