SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelycontradictions
Style_council
lovelycontra...

I LOVE that tousled wavy/curly hair that everyone seems to be wearing lately, but my hair is straight as a pin and refuses to hold a curl. Any suggestions?

posted almost 6 years ago
SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

hi

it wont hold any curls , try after washing , towel dry it . Really scrunch it up , and then put something like Tigi Curls rock onto it .

then when drying just continually srunch it up – just dont let it rest.

I sleep on mine actually , but a lot of people leave it wet and then plait it as well and then wait until morning….

hope this helps

xx

lmowbray
Style_council
lmowbray

you can also use a diffuser, a tool that you put on the end of your blowdryer. it looks like a hand/fingers. if you want a more polished look, you can use a gel/mousse and let it air dry, then wrap it around a curling iron.

lynnisms
Style_council
lynnisms

Here’s some super informative posts from RiceBunny about different ways you can curl hair:
The PaperBag
Romantic Curls
She also has heaps of other interesting tutorials! I haven’t tried it all, but that’s just because I’m lazy.

blonderedhead
Style_icon
blonderedhead

i have pretty stick straight hair but wear it wavy all the time.
first of all, get some layers. if you have long heavy hair, it only gets weighed down. layers will allow for lift and better looking waves. also, never go crazy on hairspray. in fact, never use more than a spritz.
for big pretty wave and curls, use big velcro rollers on wet hair (with a little styling creme) until dry. then take them out and run your fingers through it just a little.
for a little wave, twist your straightener (slowly!) as you move down the section.

lovelycontradictions
Style_council
lovelycontra...

And perfect Blair Waldorf hair is exactly what I’d be going for. :)
Thanks for the tips.

GoldLion
Style_council
GoldLion

My hair is naturally straight but i curl mine.
I usually put my hair in pin curls at night time when my hair is wet and then take it out in the morning and its super curly so i have to straighten it a little bit.
Or i put it in pin curls then put some heat on it and let it down and its usualy nice and wavy.
Heres a link to a video that shows how to do it

http://uk.fashion.popsugar.com/2462242

Izzy
Style_council
Izzy

I actually made a curly hair tutorial on Youtube awhile ago :] here

Hope this helps!

talicious
Style_council
talicious

try to avoid using heat as it will damage your hair over time ;)

I usually wash my hair and then take two sections and twist them tightly.
then roll each twist you have into little buns and secure with a bobby pin.
Either air dry or use the COOL setting on your hairdryer for 15-20 minutes first.
Use smaller sections for more waves and larger ones for a looser effect.

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

i also have naturally straight hair and it never holds a curl. i find that the best natural-looking waves i’ve achieved need lots of setting time. wash you hair at night and dry it until it’s just the teeny tiniest bit damp (like, right before it’s set), then divide it into sections. take each section and divide it into multiple twists, wrap them together, and secure with those really tiny elastic bands so it doesn’t leave dents. go to bed, take it out in the morning, comb through with your fingers and set with a light cream and light hold hairspray.

i use bumble and bumble brilliantine for shine and aveda air control hairspray for light hold. i also recommend that you have layers cut into your hair to lighten it up so it doesn’t get weighed down. hope that helps!!!

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

end with great hair spray!

posted about 4 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

or use curling gel

posted about 4 years ago

Sydd_5
New_user Sydd_5 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Sydd_5 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Sydd_5

dont wash your hair. My hairdresser says your hair will hold better if its dirty!

posted almost 3 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

when I curl my friends hair (which is super straight) I spray each section with a gel-based hairspray before I curl it and then when I’m finished I comb my fingers through to soften it up.

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

The aussie products work wonders

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Try a heat free method so the curls actually last. There are tons of tutorials on how to do this, even though this thread is 2 years old and was necro’d.

For the record, scrunching isn’t curling.

jessicacorena
Style_council
jessicacorena

I feel sorry for people with pin straight hair because they’re most likely going to have to use heat to get the curls they want. The best advice I can say is that after you wash your hair put in a leave in conditioner, then add the heat protector and when you curl your hair pin it with the curl to let it set and spray with one part hairspray and 3 parts water. It helps, and also doesn’t leave your hair heavy. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

a low-maintenance way to get wavy curls is to sleep with your hair in a bun/braid. I naturally have straight hair, but since my hair is usually in an updo, it’s always curly lol

posted about 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

my sister’s hair never curls. i did her hair the other day and it held….i used one of those “wand” curling tools on her hair I made the curls really tight and sprayed.
scrunch your hair with some gel perhaps? wet your hair and leave in a bun perhaps?

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

Rollers

posted about 2 years ago

ZooShoo
Shop_seller_2 ZooShoo is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ZooShoo

Have you ever heard of the blog “The Paper Mama”?

I tried one of their no-heat curling techniques and I loved it! :)

http://thepapermama.com/2011/07/hair-tutorial-no-heat-curl-html.html

posted about 2 years ago

rileighnuss
Style_council
rileighnuss

Rollers and the chi curling wand!

posted about 2 years ago

tammi6523
New_user tammi6523 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammi6523 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammi6523

My favorite way to curl my hair is to use a curling iron, but holding it straight and wrapping the hair around it starting from close to the scalp. There are a ton of how-to videos on youtube, just type in “curling hair”. Or click on http://thebeautysolutions.com/tips/hair-care-tips/

posted almost 2 years ago

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

I scrunch my hair up as much as i can when wet let dry then curl with mouse!

AccordingToIng
Style_council
AccordingToIng

Would you consider a digital perm? It’s not a full on like a normal perm and gives you loose, wavy, natural like curls. I did it and I love the results! Only downside is that the curls will last about up to 3 months.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION