SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelycontradictions
Style_council
lovelycontra...

I LOVE that tousled wavy/curly hair that everyone seems to be wearing lately, but my hair is straight as a pin and refuses to hold a curl. Any suggestions?

posted over 5 years ago
1 2
FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Before you go to sleep put your hair on some curlers, but don’t use too many. Just as much as your hair won’t get too curly, but will have volume. For me it works!

posted over 1 year ago

dsunset
New_user dsunset is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When dsunset reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dsunset

Spray hair with a texturizing spray and sleep in soft rollers overnight. Use a light hairspray the next morning so your hair will hold the style.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Try the wand curler! I heard that it’s easier to use compared to the regular curling iron and it holds curls longer. Hair spray helps too!

posted over 1 year ago

QuaintrElla
Style_council
QuaintrElla

My hair is ridiculously straight and usually when I try curling it it just goes straight within a couple of hours. I usually use a wand curler (remington is my weapon of choice) and that actually curls it very well but it’s better for very curly ringlets. I recently bought a set of Babylyss Pro hot rollers and they’re amazing for that loose wavy look. Always, ALWAYS make sure to use lots of heat-protection spray though!

posted over 1 year ago

ksiushal
New_user ksiushal is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ksiushal reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ksiushal

http://beauty-hair.yzi.me/ find more tips here/1

posted over 1 year ago

LeslieHenson
New_user LeslieHenson is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When LeslieHenson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LeslieHenson

i have a curly hair but i dont like it. its wavy.

posted over 1 year ago

jamesrojas71
New_user jamesrojas71 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When jamesrojas71 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
jamesrojas71

A good quality branded hair curler would be helpful. But I think you might have tried this.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Have you ever tried cocoon curls? I they work for me, but I don’t have hair like yours. I have a sister with really straight hair and they gave her some waves. They weren’t really curly, but her hair still looked really cute. CLICK HERE!

posted over 1 year ago

balintbeata
Style_council
balintbeata

try using mousse :) that always works out pretty good for me. or you can use a hair straightener

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

this is a trick that hasn’t failed me so far..my hair is straight and i hate that it goes limp by the end of the day. and it’s very easy. i keep modifying it slightly as my hair grows or i shorten it. right now i use this.
-wash your hair using products that don’t weigh the hair down.
-pat it dry. leave it open and let it air dry till it is damp. don’t wait till it is bone dry. the curls won’t hold.
-apply mousse or hairspray and twist your hair. secure into a tight bun. you can make more than 1-2 sections in your hair if you want tighter curls. (http://flysongbird.blogspot.in/2011/06/how-to-curly-and-voluminous-hair.html)
-secure with bobby pins and bands.
-sleep on it.
-curl the ends in the morning if you like. don’t brush it all out. just part the hair where you want.
this method ensures i have beautiful curls and volume in the morning and at the end of the day i have tousled waves. if i again scrunch it up and go to sleep that way next day also i get amazing texture.

posted over 1 year ago

LiltLife
Style_council
LiltLife

My hair is straight also and hardly likes to hold curl but the trick is to start with dry room temp hair. Divide hair into two sections and pull in front.. Then curl each piece for about 8 seconds.. If you mess up a curl you must wait for the hair to cool before you try again so it will stick. I use sensation hair spray and it works the best for me. It’s not crunchy, too fragrant, or sticky. It’s worth the price. I use a medium sized curling iron. I find that straighteners are not the ideal tool to use. Hope this helps!

posted over 1 year ago

bianca021
New_user bianca021 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When bianca021 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bianca021

It seem that it is perfect for you i imagine if your click the lower part of your hair it will look you good.I remember some hair problem in Finland country where some girl can curl their hair because of kuiva päänahka or dry scalp and it been really not good to see it in some girl.

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION