SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
yannahchou
Style_council
yannahchou

Do you think of permanent hair removal as an investment? or a crazy thing to do?

posted about 1 year ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

For anyone who struggles with ingrown hairs or sensitive skin I think it’s a great investment. IT does however, take patience and a good bit of money. I’ve had three sessions on my bikini area and it was 150 dollars for each one. Every six weeks I’d go back in and they would laser the hair more and more until it grew back finer and kind of patchier. I couldn’t afford to get the last three treatments so my hair did grow back but it is finer and my skin feels loads better. I can still shave, as long as I don’t wax or pull the hair from it’s roots the results will stay and I can go for more treatments when I have the money again. :)

posted about 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i know i am doing it when i have enough money. because not everyone has as much trouble with thick stubborn hair as i do.

posted about 1 year ago

Emma244
New_user Emma244 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Emma244 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Emma244

Hair growth inhibitor – http://www.stopgrow.com/ct/99781
This product has really helped in my fight against hair!

posted about 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Investment in your looks for sure. Can be cost-prohibitive though.

posted about 1 year ago

AllisonRyan
New_user AllisonRyan is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When AllisonRyan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
AllisonRyan

I think it depends on your priorities and how much it would mean to you. I think it would be worth it to never have to shave again. I haven’t tried laser hair removal but I have looked into it. I tried waxing once, but it ripped a 2″×8″ strip of skin off of my right shin. That was the end of that. I also tried electrolysis, but that took forever and was incredibly painful! They stick a needle into each hair shaft, then they zap it with electricity, then they pull the hair out. Laser hair removal seems MUCH more pleasant in comparison!

When I did the electrolysis I read a lot about the life cycle of hair and why you have to go through several sessions (I only ever made it through part of one). It kills the hair follicle, but only if it is in a certain growth stage. If the hair is in the wrong stage, it will grow back. That’s why you usually have to have 3 or 4 session spaced a certain amount of time apart – to cover all of the growth stages.

Personally, I would do it, but that’s just me. I have a close friend who has dark hairs on her face. If she could afford it, she would do it, and it would definitely be worth it for her to not have to deal the hair daily as she does now.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION