SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
bigships
Style_council
bigships

I have biracial hair and it’s the most unmanageable load I’ve ever encountered. It’s thick, coarse, and frizzy, and I can’t run a comb through it (wet or dry).

What products do you use to tame your wild hair?

posted over 4 years ago
Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

there are many professional shampoos that has products for thick hair. They normally have smoothing agents to reduce frizz.

But if you are looking at something that is longer lasting you should try Keratin treatment. I’ve seen this done on real frizzy hair and hair so damaged there is absolutely no shine at all. The results are amazing. If you follow the home care instructions should last up to 4 months!

posted over 4 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

posted over 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

i use olive oil 2, but I keep it about 1h/2 and them shampoo my hair as always:D it gets a nice shine and feels softer. this is how I repaired mu hair from looking horrible & feeling like hay after bleaching

posted over 4 years ago

dancingninja
Style_council
dancingninja

Moroccan oil & Lo’real shine serum.
My fave products. Also, wash hair only with cold water, and condition.

…this is what I do anyways. Ooohh AND I have had my hair thermally straightened. Amazing.

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

My hair is very thick and course, I hate it sometimes and I have dyed it on top of all that which is bad…… this probably is bad advice but I thin my hair out with a razor sometimes….. It feels soo nice. But I think its supposed to be bad for your hair…… but I hear you can get it done at the salon and they do it with scissors. Anyways….I have been using Redken Overnight Treatment, for my hair and let me tell you it really does work, I have come out the shower comb my hair and let it air dry and not worry about looking like a lion afterwards (Im sure you know what I mean about the lion part).

posted over 4 years ago

eminemmx
Style_council
eminemmx

^ I’ve had my hair thinned in a salon before, it’s inexpensive, but I haven’t had it done recently because my hair ends up looking just as frizzy, but flat – which didn’t bother me when I used to straighten my hair, but I now wear it curly, and it looks better bigger.

My hair can be very thick and unmanageable, but I find that Aussie’s Frizz Miracle does wonders, and I use their 3 Minute Frizz Miracle once or twice a week, and they all smell fantastic. Also, I use John Frieda Frizz Ease styling spray and spray gel when my hair is still wet, so that when it dries, my curls are soft and fluffy instead of frizzy.

posted over 4 years ago

UilRamone
Style_council
UilRamone

i used to have this thick and frizzy hair that made me look worst than lion king.
my friend recommended to use elseve royal jelly by l’oreal. since im using that products (shampoo,conditioner and night serum) my hair is now shiny and smooth.

posted over 4 years ago

bjkdAnc3r
New_user bjkdAnc3r is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bjkdAnc3r reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bjkdAnc3r

welcome to the club girl!!! i have biracial hair, too, and it gets SO frizzy!!! i can’t brush it when it’s dry either, but when i’m in the shower i cover my fingers in conditioner and try to run them through my hair. then i leave some conditioner in for the day, which adds moisture. it really works!
i also deep condition whenever i can for as long as i can. you don’t even need a deep conditioner, you can just use regular conditioner from the drug store!!
in the shower, i try to keep the hot water from wetting my hair & only rinse it with cool water. that makes a really big difference, too, because the hot water dries out your hair.
i try to keep my hair as natural as possible. that means no blow drying, straightening, anything that will ruin the moisture.
i also asked my hair stylist, and she said that my hair can only be so shiny and moisturized to a certain extent, because of the texture.
hope this helped!!

posted over 4 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

ahhh rinse with cool water— it makes sense! thanks, lovelies!

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

When you thin your hair it grows back really weird unless you keep thinning it. If you grow it out it just looks bigger. I would recommend a Brazilian or Japanese straitening. It keeps your hair straight for about 6 months. You don’t have to worry about your hair being unmanageable.

posted over 4 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

My hair is exactly like this , but honestly it is frizzy , and thick – its naturally curly and pretty thick.

I first cut it shorter and the length weighed my hair down , making it frizzy at the top and not sexy cute curls
I had to cut it to shoulder length and then ask a hairdresser how to maintain it better – i would go to an expensive hairdresser for a better cut – avoid buying the stupidly expensive shampoo though!!

I dont think it helps,

posted over 4 years ago

daniellebrns
Style_council
daniellebrns

I have really thick, unruly hair as well and I have found that Nexxus products really tame my hair. Also make sure to deep condition your hair once a month. My stylist told me that and my hair is so much better now

posted over 4 years ago

PaleFeathers
Style_council
PaleFeathers

I’m not biracial, but I def have thick hair that is conspiring against me, and whenever hair stylists run their fingers through it they realize they’re in for a loooonnggg time trying to get through it all. I really like that new Dove conditioner in the tub with the deep conditioner in it. Free samples got me hooked on it, because it’s like, $5 and does what a salon conditioner could do. I think I would cry if it ever got discontinued.

posted over 4 years ago

Shae119
Style_council
Shae119

hmm

posted about 4 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

My hair is naturally unruly but I get relaxers and currently it has been domesticated but my niece has your hair exactly and I bought her some of the products from the Mixed Chicks line as well as Carols Daughter and both have worked really well at keeping her hair soft, manageable and moisturized. Heres a few links:

www.mixedchicks.net

www.Sephora.com/CarolsDaughter

posted about 4 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

have you thought about relaxers, or texturizers?

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION