SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Today I read this incredibly interesting post in the NY times.

I want to know how my fellow chictopians feel about whether high heels should be worn?

I’m absolutely crazy about heels but I rarely wear heels about three inches. I have few pairs of heels I would wear daily and I’m not very graceful either. should stick to flats but I love the tall feeling I get when I wear my four inch black heels.

posted over 5 years ago
Shannon0121
Style_council
Shannon0121

heels make everything look better.. your legs, butt, body in general and especially your outfit. I wear flats a lot too, but i definitely prefer the look of heels

posted almost 5 years ago

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

I like wearing heels because they make me taller. I hate being short :(

sailorkawaii
Style_council
sailorkawaii

High heels should be worn on days where you would like to feel extra tall/glam/sophisticated/sexy/etc ;) but flats are cute too!!

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

heels are good for making you taller, but not too tall..

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

Heels are the marker of femininity. I don’t wear them long because they hurt but they’re a fashion must

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

love a great heel, but i don’t wear them 24/7..my feet would die!

VivikaChic
Style_council
VivikaChic

I think that high heels make you tall and sexy….they really show of your legs!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think high heels are whatever you want them to be. Some women see them as being something that will attract the attention of men, some see them as being flattering to the figure (the category that I fall in), others see them as an indication of their love for fashion, and there’s plenty of other reasons.

Personally, I wear heels because my legs look stumpy and a bit fat in flats. I feel that a heel makes my legs look slimmer and that is why I wear them, as well as the fact that I generally like them and think they look good.

sakki89
Style_council
sakki89

High Heels are great. Especially when you have short legs.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

as a girl who’s never had a car, flats are my bestfriend. I walk everywhere, so I’m always looking for good flats. if I had my own pair of wheels though, I’d certainly have more pairs of heels, too!

parisianDenim
Style_council
parisianDenim

Heels are the best thing that ever happened for my height…im 5 ft

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

That article makes me mad, Not every pair of high heels are 6+ inches tall, and not everybody developes health problems from wearing them. I have an aunt who wears high heels so much that it feels uncomfortable when she wears flats. I don’t think you have to wear heels strictly for special occasions either. I wear them any day I feel like it regardless of what I’m doing. And also I have a pair of 3 or 4 inch Ralph Lauren heels and they’re super comfortable!

17HandsHigh
Style_council
17HandsHigh

i’m too tall and clumsy for frequent heel wearing :(

REPLY TO DISCUSSION