SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I know that tea tree oil is really good for acne skin, but still, its oily. does it can clog the pores and make your face get more oily and maybe can make a breakout?

posted almost 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Nope, it won’t clog pores. Be careful when using it, tho, because too high a concentration can burn. If you have sensative skin I would use lavender oil instead. You can apply it directly to spots without the risk of burning. Like tea tree oil, it’s antiseptic and helps draw out dirt and toxins. Also, you might consider removing your make up with jojoba oil or an oil cleanser. It sounds counterintuitive but using oils like jojoba, which are similar to the body’s natural oils, can actually send signals to the skin to stop producing excess oil.

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

how about olive oil? I have pure olive oil and tea tree oil (oriflame) and I do not know when will I use them .____.

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Pure olive oil is really great for removing eye make-up. You might try mixing it with a few drops of tea tree oil to use on your face, but don’t get this mixture near your eyes! I would recommend washing this mixture off with soap though, as it might clog pores (I’m more experienced with jojoba oil).

REPLY TO DISCUSSION