SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Flutard
Style_council
Flutard

ok, first of all i’m new on here and this is my first post, so hello.

I live in a place that has super hot summers and cold winters. I sweat a lot under my arms and i was wondering what everyone does to help this. The only thing i’ve been told to try was Anti-persperants, and i still sweat pretty bad. It’s embarrassing because during the summer and fall, i’m in a marching band and it gets annoying when i wear tank tops and t shirts and have sweat stains from where i sweat so much. I’m not asking for help with the smell, i dont have a problem with that.

It’s gotten so embarrassing that earlier in the year i wore Black shirts almost everyday to cover up the wetness.

Can you all help?

Thanks so much, ahead of time! <3

posted about 5 years ago
Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

I have the same problem too, it’s so gross. For me, I’ve noticed I only sweat more when I get nervous, or wear jackets that are really tight in the pit area. So to solve it, I wear baggier jackets and whenever I get nervous I just take deep breaths to calm myself down. It’s actually helped me a lot, but I still wish I knew of other ways to fix it. :P

posted about 5 years ago

cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

I used to sweat a lot but once I started cleaning and washing it all the time and using deodorant it never really happened!

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 20067 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 20067 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

ask your doctor for a prescription for drysol. i used to sweat so bad and i used it a lot years ago and i rarely sweat from my armpits anymore. its amazing!

posted about 5 years ago

OliviaNicole
Style_council
OliviaNicole

oh my goodness I thought i was the only one who was worried about it! I have been using the pH balanced Secret unscented deodorant and it seems to have helped a lot with my problems. My sweat doesn’t show and it doesn’t seem that heavy either.

posted about 5 years ago

viridianduchess
Style_council
viridianduchess

I have heard of dry shields—I’ve never tried them but I have thought about it—its an item you place in your clothes to block it from the sweat—they also make disposable ones—not sure how effective they are.

posted about 5 years ago

strawberrt
Style_council
strawberrt

i feel your pain! I found that putting rubbing alcohol on your underarms helps prevent the smell. Use a face wipe or cotton ball to apply. The alcohol percentage should be under 90%, so I dilute the wipe with water.

posted about 5 years ago

fleurdepapier
Style_council
fleurdepapier

Ah, I used to have the same problem! It’d be a cold day and I’d still sweat like crazy. I wore black shirts all the time up until the beginning of my sophomore year. I found an antiperspirant called maxim. It SAVED my life. haha. Really, I put it on every night and I don’t sweat at all anymore. It’s a little irritating but way worth it, in my opinion. One bottle lasts months too. I really recommend it.

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’d say go for dry-fit materials…it absorbs the sweat and keeps it away from your body. Plus it makes it harder to get sweat stains on your clothing. You can try those armpit pads or dry shields…not sure if they work, but I know a bunch of Japanese people use them when it gets hot.

posted about 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

I have a question. For the antiperspirants that you put on at night, can you still shower in the morning? Or does that kinda defeat the purpose.

posted about 5 years ago

teamB_macro
Style_council
teamB_macro

Sweating is actually your body’s way of telling you that you’re losing weight or that it’s cooling itself. I’d keep a handkerchief near too. Just make sure you use use an antiperspirant. Don’t worry.

posted about 5 years ago

lyndzie
Style_council
lyndzie

drysol, its behind the counter but you don’t need a prescription !

posted about 5 years ago

_holic
Style_council
_holic

i fee lucky that i don’t sweat much pretty much none at all under my arms, but i often sweat on my face, sometimes arms back & legs when extremely humid and hot
not sure if theres anything i can do other than wash and shower ))):

posted about 5 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

I’ve tried stuffing tissues before,
i know embarrassing! but if they stay in place, it is a temporary fix :P

posted about 5 years ago

_holic
Style_council
_holic

haha thks interesting advice but idk how i could do that without bundles of tissues being visible ;) on my face oh man what a thought

posted about 5 years ago

natluvly
Style_council
natluvly

Two words, Certain Dri, this drugstore sold product changed my life. I too sweat a lot under my arms, I had tried everything on the market and was very skeptical of this product in the beginning. I thought, what do I have to lose so I tried it and thought it wasn’t working on me but I was applying the product incorrectly. You must follow the directions to a T…apply sparingly, make sure to apply at night and skip a night in other words apply every other night. I also apply my regular anti- perspirant in the morning after I shower. This product has done wonders…no more throwing away perfectly good shirts because of the sweat stains and that gross feeling of wetness even when it’s cold. Hope this helps give it a try :)

posted about 5 years ago

Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

For me the most uncomplicated deo, dry crystall. You just mix it with few drops of water and put under your arms. It’s not irritating, it keeps you dry and has no smell, wich is good, cause you can put some parfume on it! It really changed my life!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION