Twitter
Googleplus
margsdc
New_user margsdc is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When margsdc reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
margsdc

a month ago i cut my elbow-length hair to shoulder length. My hair is a very dark brown (almost black) I am finding it a bit boring now and almost soccer mommish! what would you suggest i do to liven things up a little? ombre maybe? but that looks amazing on long hair. not sure about short!

posted about 2 years ago
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Yeah ombré works better on longer hair I agree.how about looking for some awesome ideas for different braids and fun hairstyles on YouTube or other blogs?

posted about 2 years ago

dontworrybemaggie
Style_council
dontworrybem...

I agree with both of you that ombre would probably look better on longer hair, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay away from colour completely, right? My hair’s about the same colour as yours, and last summer I cut my hair about the same length, and I wasn’t very happy with it, so I got it layered and added purple sort of here and there. You could also try dip-dying, which I’ve done twice before: once with red and once with purple, and it looked great!

posted about 2 years ago

ShadowRosePoet
Style_council
ShadowRosePoet

You could try a color on the lower layer, if you’re into wild and crazy hair colors. If not, you could try some highlights. Also, try different products and play with your style.

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Give it some volume if it’s not layered, like this ASOS model’s hairstyle: here.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION