Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

DO any of you guys use tanning lotions?

I want to try one, but not sure which one works good!!

posted over 4 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I have no idea either…i tried one and got orange, then tried another and it stank… I’m super pale and i just want to look human!

posted over 4 years ago

Monkeyrat
Style_council
Monkeyrat

Don’t orange yourself!

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 35263 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 35263 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

jergens is good, it’s recommended a lot and it’s cheap. i’ve used the lotion but when they came out with a foam version i started getting that because it dries in seconds and you can get dressed right away. i only use it when i start to feel pale in a sickly way lol but i promise it won’t make you orange :)

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Right now I use Loreal but I’ve heard good things about TanTowels. I wear white pretty often and the Loreal tends to sweat and rub off onto my shirts, so I’m curious to hear what other products you guys are using!

posted over 4 years ago

polkadotlace
Style_council
polkadotlace

I’m not too sure either since I don’t use tanning lotions, but I’ve heard that the Johnson’s holiday body lotion or something along those lines is pretty good. And so are the ones in the Le Tan range.
I think your best bet is to go on sites such as makeupalley.com and read the reviews on different products.

posted over 4 years ago

PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

boo dont make the same mistake most the girls at my school make and use that stuff and look orange. pale is in haha

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

I used one but the change was really subtle! i could barely notice it

posted over 4 years ago

thewrotethewrit
Style_council
thewrotethewrit

Theres a new on out from Lush, a shop in England. it’s really, really good, it just looks natural and it is in fact as it is made with natural products, and it doesn’t stink like normal false tan- this one smells of chocolate! it smells good enough to eat.
although it’s from england I’m sure you’ll be able to get it online!

If your interested in it and you can’t find it online, let me now and I could send some? Lush deserves to be global ahaha!

All the best xo

posted over 4 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i use solait sunshine effects…i usually mix it with my normal body lotion & its really subtle so if you want to go darker you can built it up but do it after 20 minutes so the first layer of lotion can settle in..if you built it over without the first layer settling in then you’ll look ridiculously dark…also its a really good tanning lotion cause it doesnt leave you orange at all! :)

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I don’t use any self-tanner or tanning products. I like my pale, freckled self. :) Whichever tanning lotion you use, make sure it’s for gradual tanning, otherwise if you do happen to miss a spot, someone will totally notice. Also, streaking should at least be less noticeable from gradual tanners. And still wear sunscreen if you go outside!

posted over 4 years ago

fritziiee
Style_council
fritziiee

i find that i personally THINK i look fake wearing tanning lotion, even if everyone else thinks i look natural.
over time, i’ve learned to accept and embrace my natural paleness, and hopefully you an too =)

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

Ok, I guess I need to clear something up! I’m not trying to look orange! lol!! I just want to look a bit darker! I’m not pale, so I don’t think I’ll look orange (well hopefully, I won’t) I guess I just noticed that my legs where lighter than my arms and stuff!
But anyway’s I bought this lotion from Nivea, and it’s supposed to make your hairs grow slower, and I guess gradually tan your legs!

Thanks for all the advice! Don’t worry guys, I’m not trying to look lk Snookie!!

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If I want a subtle change then I use Loreal nutri summer tanning moisturiser. I think it’s pretty good for a nice colour and you see the results quickly too unlike some tanning moisturisers.
If I want to look properly brown then I use Rimmer sun shimmer instant tan lotion. Unfortunately it’s a wash off so if it rains then you’re screwed lol, but apart from that its good. It’s easy to rub in and I never get any streaks or patches with it.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION