SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ModaMama
Style_council
ModaMama

What are some of your secrets to great skin? Dealing with acne, dry skin, sensitive skin? Let’s share

posted over 2 years ago
1 3
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

The BEST tip ever, IMO, is to take off your make up every night!!!

I used to leave mine on – I’d wash my face in the morning, but didn’t bother doing anything at night. I didn’t think it would really make a difference. I finally started removing my make up at night about a year ago, and it has made a HUGE difference in all aspects of my skin: tone, zits, evenness, wrinkles, everything. I don’t do anything crazy – I just use a make removing towelette (I just started using some by Simple, and I love them), some eye make up remover, toner and moisturizer. It takes about 5 minutes total, and it is definitely worth it.

I just started using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and I love it. Not only has it helped with my seriously dry skin, it has significantly brightened and evened out my complexion. Pond’s dry skin cream is another really good one for crazy dry skin.

I got a sample of Lancome Visionairre from Sephora, and it was incredible. It lasted me about a week of applying it once a day, and it definitely seemed to help with my skin tone and the couple of wrinkles I have starting around my mouth and on my forehead. The full size is pretty pricey though!

I also recently tried a sample of ExfoliKate (from Sephora) and it was the best exfoliator I have ever tried. It’s pricey, but I think I might invest in a bottle! My latest obsession though is my microdermabrasion kit from Neutragena – it has exfoliating pads that I attach to a handheld device that vibrates. It’s pretty much awesome.

As for lips, I’ve recently discovered Baby Lips Balm by Maybelline, and it’s awesome. I love Quench (clear) and the pink one, the name of which I can’t remember. Satin Lips from Mary Kay is pretty good too.

posted over 2 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

the most important thing for me is to remove my make up every night! I also don’t use too much make up because i prefer staying natural, so i think that helps my skin too!

My skin is a bit dry so I use a creamy make up remover from a brand called Kiko (but i think you can only find this in Europe). I wash it every two days with a face wash (from Bulldog, i bought it in New York, it is very “green”, without paraben and things like this).
I also moisturize it a lot with a Sephora cream (“Head-to-toe”) which is perfect for my skin and really unexpensive. I try to do a mask once a week, with this same Sephora cream or in summer i prefer using a detoxifying mask!

posted over 2 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

My first no1 rule is to drink lots of water. Our body is made of 70% water so i make sure to drink at least 2 l of water in the winter and minimum 3 l in summer.

I recently discovered the power oily vitamins have on my skin so twice a week i make of mask with oily vitamin E and oily vitamin A as the main ingredients and mix in either honey, egg yolk or olive oil. I leave the mask on for about half an hour and my skin looks and feels amazing afterwards.

I have pretty sensitive skin but I soon discovered that my skin tends to be more healthier when i don’t put on any cream. So i haven’t been using a face cream for a week now (although i used eye cream) and no acne, no dry face, no nothing. Although sometimes after i apply my BB cream, if I don’t have my skin moisturized by my skin’s natural oils i apply just a dab of day cream.

posted over 2 years ago

kianalovesfashion98
Style_council
kianalovesfa...

always moisturize your face after washing it with facial washes, i also search many facial treatments ,

posted about 2 years ago

AnnaGreen
Style_council
AnnaGreen

it’s so easy: just drink lots of water, 2-3l a day and eat healthy, mostly uncooked, fresh food. eat LOTS of fruits, gonna do miracles to your skin!

posted about 2 years ago

AmourxHandmade
Style_council
AmourxHandmade

I find my skin looks its best and most radiant when I stick to the following:

Having a happy mindset – always smiling
Drink lots of water – at least 6-8 cups a day
Exercising regularly (at least once a week vigorous workout at the gym)
Eating lots of fruits and veg
Sleeping well (at least 8 hours of sleep) at the right time
No smoking
Little alcohol
Avoiding oily foods

posted about 2 years ago

parisorn
Style_council
parisorn

Drinking lots of water everyday and using olive oil as a skin moisturizer/makeup remover really helps. ;)

posted about 2 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i have all; dry sensitive skin AND acne,i use every night a make up remover,a lot, im a big fan and cant live without it,and exfoliate every other day ,use a good skin moisturizer before exfoliating your skin.drinking a lot of water is a must too

posted about 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

use st, ives scrub every night, in the afternoon apply ice in your face and the showers with cold water

posted about 2 years ago

Keiki
Style_council
Keiki

drink much water and use hidratant creams

posted about 2 years ago

A_Minor_Obsession
Style_council
A_Minor_Obse...

I take a three-pronged approach:
1) Inside – drink lots of water and green tea, eat lots of veg, take fish oil, don’t smoke
2) Outside – use skincare products designed for your skin-type, have regular facials, use prescription products if you need them for acne etc, always take your make-up off, use SPF every day
3) Fake it! Use a good foundation in the right format and colour, smile, and if your skin still looks less-than-great, just wear amazing shoes and be ‘the girl in the amazing shoes’ rather than ‘the girls with the zits’!

posted about 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

I drink lost of water, put lotion on after washing any part of my body, and use sunblock. Also, make sure to sleep a lot to prevent breakout. For my face, I never put makeup on and use a cleanser/ pore cleanser about twice a day. I also use a blemish stick from Burt’s Bees for pimples.

posted about 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I use a gentle yogurt mask every 3 days just to get rid of dead skin. Sometimes i add some sugar or salt to exfoliate gently, and afterwards my skin feels amazingly smooth and soft and it also reduces the size of the pores on my nose if I leave it long enough (about 15 minutes). I’m all for natural ingredients, so I don’t use anything other than that and a moisturizer.

posted almost 2 years ago

Deliaa
Style_council
Deliaa

1. drink a lot f water. 2 use clearskin products (moste natural as u can), and if you have some little acnee and redness you can use PROPOLIS. it’s very good and it will help imediately.

GypsyGamineVintage
Style_council
GypsyGamineV...

Coconut oil, I swear by it.

GypsyGamineVintage
Style_council
GypsyGamineV...

Coconut oil, I swear by it.

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

I use bioderma and a cotton pad to take off my makeup. I’ve taken out nearly all of my other beauty products from my regime and now just use olive oil on my skin! When I get a spot I put on Origins super spot remover which works like a charm!
Using too many products made my skin all irritated so I try to keep it as simple as possible

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I don’t get enough sleep and I don’t get to each too much healthy food, it’s part of my lifestyle, but I compensate by drinking water, and sometimes vitamins, exercising, cleansing and detox

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

Drink lots and lots of water.Sleep well…these are two great magical methods to maintain healthy skin.

1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION