SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
zerofussinfo
Style_council
zerofussinfo

Hi girls! I have light brown skin and within the last 3 months I was battling against some dark brown spots which started to appear on my cheeks. Washing my face with Dove beauty bar made the spots less visible but they didn’t completely disappear. This is a common problem for brown skin so I bet many of you brown beauties know how to deal with it. Thanks for your answers.

posted over 3 years ago
SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

The potato is quite effective in removing dark brown spots. Take a medium potato and grate it up and apply on your face, so that the juice evenly reaches the dark spots. Leave it on for 10 minutes or so and wash off. The results should be apparent in a couple of weeks.

posted over 3 years ago

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

never heard about the potato thing but im gonna try it out tonight :)

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

This condition is also called melasma.

So a google search for this might help ^^

posted over 3 years ago

notoriousalee
Style_council
notoriousalee

I use the Dove Sensitive skin every day, I think it helps, but for my brown skin and dark spot, Ambi works really, REALLY well. It also has a SPF in it, I forget how much since its not in front of me at the moment, but that helps too. Be sure only to use what you need, it can get a greasy feeling if you use way too much.

posted over 3 years ago

penny102
New_user penny102 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When penny102 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
penny102

Home Remedies to Remove and Fade Dark Skin Spots Naturally

The following are some of the home remedies you can use in treating dark skin spots:

Lemons. Lemons are proven effective in whitening dark spots because of the strong acid that it contains. Simply slice a portion and rub it or squeeze the juice into the dark spot and see it work in a matter of days. You can repeat the application as frequently as desired. You can also try mixing honey and lemon. This aromatic mixture is known for whitening dark skin spots. Simply apply the paste on the affected area. A mixture of cinnamon powder and honey. Just like in the previously mentioned mixtures, just apply the paste on the dark spot. For those who would like to have an overnight relief, simply mix margosa powder, holy basil powder, and honey in equal proportions and apply the mixture on the affected part and leave on the skin overnight.
posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I really like the clinque three step process. Thats what I use on my face and it has corrected years of popping pimples because i was to embarrassed to just walk around with them on my face. Also my mom gets a fade creme from our local black beauty supple store, it works very well also but you have to use daily to see results.

posted about 3 years ago

jadamiranda
Style_council
jadamiranda

Lemon can lighten dark spots. I also used Complexion Enhancer spf 15 from Omorovicza to cover it up until they’re gone. I’m still using complexion enhancer since it has spf in it.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION