Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
beadedintox
Style_council
beadedintox

Hello!

I love wearing the red lip but I found it extremely annoying when I tried to eat cause the red color kept coming off onto my food/utensils.

Does anyone have any experience with eating with a red lip? What do you do? Would you wipe off all lip color just before eating or is there a makeup tip that I should follow to keep my red lip from appearing on all the utensils i use?

And does it also mean I would have to carry my lipstick, the lip brush and a compact mirror around to touch up my color the whole day?

Anyone with tips please help! I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
doricelee
Style_council
doricelee

I’ve never done this for a red lip but it works for bright magenta so you could try it. Put a really (really) thin coat of lip conditioner/chapstick/Vaseline/whatever you like on and then just use a lip pencil in whatever shade you want to fill in your lips and then blot. You can top it with a gloss if you want (though that’ll probably come off), but if you leave it as is, it basically just looks like you’re wearing a matte lipstick and the lip liner really stays. And it’s cheaper this way too since you only need the pencil and not an actual lipstick, haha.

posted about 4 years ago

TamQuoia
Style_council
TamQuoia

go onto MAC.com and watch their lipstick tip videos

posted almost 4 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

There are some products you use over your lipstick to make it stay all day on your lips, Artdeco has one, but if you have suck a problem why don’t you use lipstains? A very known tip to make your red lipstick stay just on your lips and not your teeth etc, is to apply it, then press your lips on a paper, reapply and repress, and when you’re done you just put a finger in your mouth and pull it out. This way it takes all the lipstick from the inside, which tends to stick on your teeth.

posted almost 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION