Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EliseLamour
New_user EliseLamour is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EliseLamour reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EliseLamour

soo ii’m in need of opinions…
my hair is currently pink & it’s been the best decision ii’ve ever made as far as hair colour goes. everyone absolutely loves it & ii love it as well. ii’ve been getting compliments on it left & right, from strangers to friends & family.
But ii’m a little sad, ‘cause ii might have to change it for jobs.. even though ii’m getting my license to become a hair stylist.. ii don’t know if certain Salon & Spas will accept me with my pink hair… so maybe ii can go for a more subdued look ? Like a dark, wearable red… or purple… or just dye my hair back to black ? should ii wait til ii get an interview ? or ask them about their policy ? or just to be safe, dye it to a safe colour. ii’d love to work in a funky hair salon.. but those are more in NYC… & ii live 45 min- an hour away. ii can’t commute that far, at the moment. =/
ideas or suggestions, anyone ?

posted over 2 years ago
rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I think you should wait till you get the job, than you would have to ask if you could dye your hair in any color you want. Anyway I think pink hair is very pretty, I like light blue too! Red is very sexy, I like it too!

posted over 2 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i agree with rhemel wait it out.
depends on the type of salon you are going for…some accept originality and some want a more refined look.
i suggest maybe black hair with your bottom layers a color? (red/bleach, etc) thats an option as well.

posted over 2 years ago

EliseLamour

10 points - Become a fan

EliseLamour

yeah & ii have a job interview at a Salon & Spa on Friday. & ii have another interview as a Retail Cosmetics Cashier. my hair is currently pink with some chunks of black on the top. but now ii was thinking to dye it back to black, with red in the bangs.. ‘cause then ii could wear the pin-up style much better, with that type of hair rather than all pink hair. oh man, ii’m going to miss it so much. >_<

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I would just wait and see. A lot of my friends in cosmo school had fashion hair and got jobs in nice salons. As long as it’s a salon that caters to younger crowds or seems a little more modern, they will probably accept your choice of unique hair color. Don’t change it unless you absolutely have to because it looks really nice on you!

posted over 2 years ago

fmajor
Style_council
fmajor

If you want a color, you should go with a deep red

posted over 2 years ago

EliseLamour

10 points - Become a fan

EliseLamour

@barepeppermint. aww thanks - yes ii was surprised pink hair worked so well on me… but ii actually added black to it & iit don’t like it anymore. ii’m going to take out the black, retouch my roots & make my hair a red colour,. then, if ii don’t like it, ii could just dye it black. =D
plus… the other job for the cosmetics cashier position, ii don’t think ii can have that kind of hair.. =/

@rewong ; yes ii’m actually going to dye it a red colour. ii changed my mind at least 100x times today about what to do lol.

posted over 2 years ago

Dominique_Mae
Style_council
Dominique_Mae

Ask them first, I struggle to get jobs too! But if you dress smartly and give off a good impression and ask politely (so as to not seem like a rebel, punk teenager) then sometimes you’ll be pleasantly surprised at which jobs are willing to let you keep your hair :)

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

so how was ur interview?and what colour is ur hair now?:)) or colours jk

posted about 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

Love the red hair !

posted about 2 years ago

LyssBlondish
Style_council
LyssBlondish

RED or BLACK hair - !

posted almost 2 years ago

starsandstitches
Style_council
starsandstit...

I think you should ask the employer what they prefer cause some companies are strict with hair color. :)

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION