SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I used to wash my hair every single day because it made me feel cleaner. It was pretty bad for my hair, especially since my hair is on the curly side and therefore very dry. So for the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to wash my hair every other or every third day.

On wash days I do my normal routine of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and then braiding it to dry while I sleep. On no-wash days I just keep my hair dry and pinned on top of my head while I wash the rest of my body.

However, I’ve been unhappy with how my hair feels after the no-wash days. It feels even more dry and frizzy. Any oil that accumulates on my scalp doesn’t work its way down my hair shaft. (And those of you with curls know what a disaster it would be if I tried to “help it along” with a brush!). Since the natural oil hasn’t spread and I haven’t put any conditioner in for more than 24 hours, the frizz attacks.

Is there any way to fix this dryness? Would it be better if I got my hair wet on off-days, conditioning it but not shampooing it? Or is there a way I can keep it dry but still encourage the oil to disperse? (Or do I just need to I wait it out a while longer until my hair adjusts or something?). I don’t have a preference between wet or dry, I just want to know what would be healthiest for my hair.

I’ll take advice from anyone, but I’m especially curious if you have textured hair yourself and don’t shampoo every day. What do you do on off-days?

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION