SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I love ombre hair, I think it’s very summery and cute, yet effortless. But, I’m afraid that 1) it won’t look good with my length and 2) the trend is over and I’ll look really really late (because I am).

Would I look good with ombre hair?
Here is a photo of my hair:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0lm7gXQZJ1qc7bqwo1_500.png

Also, do you think graduating to a red instead of a blonde would look okay?

Thanks guys!

posted over 2 years ago
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I’m a hair stylist, so this is what I’d tell you if you were sitting in my chair. :)

With all of your layers, an ombre look might not be the best. Instead, I would go for a more subtle shift in color like balayage. Balayage is supposed to represent a subtle fade of color instead of the stark contrast that ombre hair gives. It’s supposed to look more natural. For colors, I’d almost do the underneath part a dark auburn or a brownish red and then for the top and layers, do a light chocolate brown with some dark blonde highlights throughout just the top.

That’s just my opinion though and I think ombre and balayage are two hair trends that will be here for a while so don’t worry about that. :)

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Is there a way to balayage your own hair?

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i love ombre, but your hair maybe too short :/
maybe wait a bit?if you still like the ombre style then, you should totally go for it!

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Yes! If you buy a highlighting kit or bleaching kit at the store, you can do it yourself. I would use maybe a small toothbrush to apply the color. I know there are videos on youtube that show how to balayage.

posted over 2 years ago

monchere
Style_council
monchere

I love ombre hair! Balayage sounds cool too. I think you could do a happy medium between ombre and balayage. Choose a color that’s not too bright but not too natural. Maybe like a brighter red than barepeppermint is suggesting, but not Manic Panic-style red. That way you get the best of both worlds.

And I don’t think it really matters if you’re late with the trend. If you like it, do it. That’s my philosophy.

posted over 2 years ago

tanyaibeth
Style_council
tanyaibeth

you should go for it,
im thinking about getting my hair like that
but im not sure because i have curly hair, what do you think about that?

posted about 2 years ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

I think it’d look good, depends on what color you get but it should be fine

KimberlyLove.net

posted about 2 years ago

Luisanafr
Style_council
Luisanafr

you should, it look better on curly hair . I read some were that it should be stylish curly to “hide” when the colors change, that way it does not look dip dye.

This is an example http://pinterest.com/pin/281967626640363930/ I want it like it so bad

posted about 2 years ago

tanyaibeth
Style_council
tanyaibeth

i know! it looks gorgeous, we should really get it
thankss

posted about 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

I’m going with the balayage on this one. I think I might try it for my own hair and I think it will be like red lips: it will stay forever in fashion <3

posted about 2 years ago

newshoesintown
Style_council
newshoesintown

I’ve seen ombre on hair much shorter than yours. It was pretty cool! Personally, I won’t recommend a DIY. Maybe get it done once professionally and then maintain it yourself depending on how light the colourist can lift the colour. I say don’t worry about the trend being over or on its way out, just have fun with it! x

posted about 2 years ago

4fs4ever
Style_council
4fs4ever

I love ombre hair!!! and if you like it your never too late!! :)

posted about 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

Yes! I think red ombre would look awesome with your hair, and plus, since you’re doing it in a different way, I don’t think it will look late or whatever. Besides, don’t worry if something is not a trend anymore, if you like it, wear it! :)

posted about 2 years ago

SabrinaTudorache
Style_council
SabrinaTudor...

Totally! I love it too! Go for it!

posted about 2 years ago

andrealynnxo
Style_council
andrealynnxo

Do it! I just did the ombre effect to my hair about a month ago. Late or not, I don’t care. I love it:)

posted about 2 years ago

curlsandbags
Style_council
curlsandbags

I had very long hair but they cut it in layers and did an ombre one week ago. I’m totally in love with my new hair!! If you want you can check it here: http://curls-and-bags.blogspot.be/2012/06/my-new-hair.html. I would really say do it!! Not sure about the red, but could be great too :)
xxx

posted about 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

yey

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION