SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I just bought a pure olive oil and planned to use it at night before sleep to replace the night cream. the question, is that OK to use it on my oily skin? I afraid I will got acnes after use it for a long time. I used it for two nights and my skin feels so soft. but still, I’m afraid to get acnes :(

posted about 3 years ago
EwachicJewelry
New_user EwachicJewelry is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EwachicJewelry reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EwachicJewelry

If you alreay have oily skin, I don’t think it woudl be wise to put olive oil on your face. Have you tried doing a google search on this.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

it shouldn’t make you break out as long as you get good quality extra virgin olive oil—I think it’s too big to get inside your pores. cheap olive oil that isn’t extra virgin (a lot claim they are but aren’t really) might make you break out, but I wouldn’t know. I actually use olive oil to sometimes take off my makeup, it works great! but yeah, with oily skin I would be careful. why are you using olive oil instead of your normal night creams?

posted about 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

newamericanclassic : well, because my night cream from my personal doctors didn’t come yet so I need something natural to change it for a while and I ever read that olive oil is good for skin. I’m afraid to try another product eventhough they are for oily skin / acnes skin.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lol this is what wikipedia says:

Skin care
In addition to the internal health benefits of olive oil, topical application is quite popular with fans of natural health remedies. Extra virgin olive oil is the preferred grade for moisturizing the skin, especially when used in the oil cleansing method (OCM). OCM is a method of cleansing and moisturizing the face with a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, castor oil (or another suitable carrier oil) and a select blend of essential oils.[citation needed] Olive oil has been known for generations not only for its healing qualities but also as a natural, deep penetration moisturizer, regenerating skin cells and softening the tissue.55 Olive oil is also used by some to reduce ear wax buildup.56
Olive oil can be used as an effective shaving oil to shave facial and other body hair.[citation needed]
Studies on mice showed that application of olive oil immediately following exposure to UVB rays has a preventive effect on the formation of tumors and skin cancer.5758
It is also widely used in cosmetics, soaps and are immensely beneficial in adding smoothness and softness to dry scaly skins especially during winter seasons.[59

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Oil on oil does not sound like a good thing. In the summer my T-zone is very oily and my hair is dry so I started adding more oil to my hair and my T-zone has broken out. So I would not advise doing that. I try a different type of night time creme.

posted about 3 years ago

naturezfinest
Style_council
naturezfinest

I think if you have oily skin go for something like egg whites with a little lemon.. egg whites will do wonders to your skin including making it feel soft as oil would after removing it after 15mins. I personally have dry skin so i love extra virgin olive oil to take off my make up and macadmia oil for my skin and coconut oil for my hair, i love using oils & it works for me. i suggest if your set on using oil maybe mix a tiny bit into your facial wash before bedtime =)

posted about 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

I would do a home mask that contained olive oil once a week but probably wouldn’t keep it on my face regularly

posted about 3 years ago

Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

I wouldn’t advise just olive oil. Mix it with some lemon juice. The most common way people think is you shouldn’t do it!! Oil on oil! But actually when you have oily skin on the exterior of your skin that means under the derma layer of your skin it’s dry. So olive oil is safe to use. It will help moosturize underneath and you’ll probably produce less sebum.

posted about 3 years ago

Cigsanddigs
Style_council
Cigsanddigs

Just make sure u do it at night and wash your face in the morning. I’m sure you don’t want to walk around looking rely shiny.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION