SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
bigships
Style_council
bigships

they’ve been discontinued in the States :( anyone else a big fan? and as bummed as I am?

posted over 4 years ago
frcknxdelicious
New_user frcknxdelicious is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When frcknxdelicious reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
frcknxdelicious

i never really liked them…i always found them a little gross.
do you know why they were discontinued?

posted over 4 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

this subject is so private

posted over 4 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

I didn’t like them at first, but they’re so comfy. and they’re more environmentally friendly than most other fem. hygiene products :) I’ve been doing a little research and all they say is that the Ultras have been “permanently discontinued,” which is a bummer. Not sure about the others.

and rhemal, I’m not one to blush over something as natural as menstruation. sorry that you are. this is the health & beauty forum, amirite? I just asked if anyone used O.B. or heard about the discontinuation, not how heavy your flow was :)

posted over 4 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

but I respect your answer :)

posted over 4 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I hadn’t hear but I’ve also never used them. I go for enviromentally friendly over comfort but I think it’s time I found one that’s both.

posted over 4 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

I personally am not a fan of digital tampons. I get an intense burning sensation every time, so I don’t use them, but I do love the way they expand widthways (at least the ones I’ve used).

But I do like the o.b. tampon cases, though. Shame I can’t get them here in the UK

posted over 4 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

are you sure it’s the whole brand? I though only one certain absorbency was discontinued.

posted over 4 years ago

bigships
Style_council
bigships

I haven’t been able to find any at all in my local stores. :/ guess I’ll have to keep doing some more research

and their tampon cases are the best :)

posted over 4 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

oh no… ob regular is my tampon of choice. I have enough for the next 2 cycles. Whole foods sells a tampon that is very similar to ob but is also organic and unbleached. i have used them. I like them. But they cost about twice as much as ob. boo

posted over 4 years ago

jychob
Style_council
jychob

wait. why were they discontinued?

posted over 4 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

I first read about it here on Jezebel

But according to that article it’s just the ultra. I haven’t shopped for tampons n a month so I didn’t notice that ALL the o.b. are gone like O.P. says.

the author of that linked post wrote to the manufacturer and got this back:

“Dear Ms. Stewart:

Thank you for contacting McNeil-PPC, Inc., makers of o.b.® Ultra Absorbency Tampons. It is always important to hear from our consumers, and we appreciate the time you have taken to contact us.

Unfortunately, production of our o.b.® Ultra Absorbency Tampons has been discontinued due to manufacturing updates. We do intend to bring this product back to market and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause for you. We assure you that your feedback will be shared with our marketing management.

We encourage you to try one of the other fine products we offer. Please do look for our products at pharmacies, grocery stores and mass merchandisers."

So it sounds temporary…

posted over 4 years ago

wrensandroses
Style_council
wrensandroses

double post

posted over 4 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

Well they should definitely try to bring them over to the UK. I’d buy them just for the case.

posted over 4 years ago

Julia154
Style_council
Julia154

I’ve never heard of them! I guess they don’t do them in the UK. What’s special about them exactly? These cases sound legendary haha.

posted over 4 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

They’re more or less the same as Lil-ets applicator-free tampons. Except they have this expanding bottom for your finger, to make it easier to insert. And the cases are legendary because they were being given out as free samples lol

I’m a sucker for freebies.

I mean I’ll be honest, I probably wouldn’t buy them because I hate applicator free tampons, but if they offered a free case with it…

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION