SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EmilyHendren
Style_council
EmilyHendren

I am currently using Merle Norman and Mary Kay foundation and powder, but it’s time to replenish my make up before it runs out, and I just don’t have the funds to buy M.N and M.K make up again right now.

I have a fair/freckly complexion and only need foundation for touch-up spots. What I’ve been using is a liquid-like foundation from a tube.

I’d be grateful for any over-the-counter recommendations! Maybelline? Cover Girl? Neutrogena? What do you recommend?? And how do I best match my color to the foundation color of the new brand?? HELP! Thanks! :)

posted over 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

When I was younger, I used L’Oreal True Match since it’s fairly inexpensive. (Even now, in between purchasing expensive brands like SK-II, my mother uses True Match.) It shouldn’t be too hard to match your complexion, if you’re rather fair.

Ever since using bb creams, though, I’ve never looked back. :)

posted over 5 years ago

msmandyrichelle
Style_council
msmandyrichelle

It sounds like you need something pretty light, which is usually good so it doesn’t look caked on :)

I use Covergirl TRUblend pressed powder. I’ve never used an actual “foundation” but I feel like this stuff really smoothes out my complexion. It comes with a little make-up sponge which is nice for overall coverage, but sometimes I will just put it on with a powder brush just to reduce shine. It’s pretty cheap, you can just get it at Walmart which is nice.

A tip for finding your color is the under-part of your forearm, close to your wrist. I think Covergirl might even have the little transparent color swatches in the aisles to match with? I’m not sure though.

Good luck I hope that helps a little :)

posted over 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

For foundation I recommend Revlon Color Stay. Its really close to MAC foundation and is a lot cheaper. They make it for several different skin types which is always good and you can really control the coverage with it. In the past 6 months alone I’ve tried several foundations and so far this has been my favorite of all time. Oh and I would stay away from the Liquid Dream Matte Moose. I’m a fan of that line but their liquid one just wipes off even if you use a primer and finishing powder.

If there is a makeup store by you I would try and go there first because they usually have samples or testers of their makeup, even the cheaper makeup like Revlon and L’Oreal. Though I probably wouldn’t actually buy from there if you’re getting makeup you can also get at drugstores, where its gonna be cheaper. Just use it to find the right color. Also most drug stores and such will let you return or exchange makeup.

Hope you find what you’re looking for _

posted over 5 years ago

bellarossa1190
Style_council
bellarossa1190

I absolutely swear by bare minerals.

the start up kit is 80$, but it came with a great brush set, and the powder lasted me 6 months.

nothing even compares to the glow it gives.

posted over 5 years ago

s_walt
Style_council
s_walt

http://www.bareminerals.com/

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT IVE EVER OWNED – you will love it, it is worth every penny!!

posted over 5 years ago

rachieD
Style_council
rachieD

I would definitely recommend Clinique. it’s great for any type of skin, and if you go to the department store, the people at the counter are really helpful.
anything clinique is really, really good to your skin and not super expensive either :)

if you get something over-the-counter, it’s helpful to go somewhere where you can actually try the stuff out and see what color is best for you, like Ulta. (hopefully there’s one where you live.) Covergirl is usually pretty nice too.
good luck!

posted over 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

everyday minerals. click here.

it’s basically the same as bare minerals except way cheaper and with better colors. does the trick. i live by it at this point because i don’t want to spend extra money on anything but clothes. haha!

posted over 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

Use the ones from MAC! They are amazing!!

posted almost 2 years ago

ellemaniere
New_user ellemaniere is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ellemaniere reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ellemaniere

Dainty Doll by Nicola Roberts, its absolutely amazing ! if you go to fragrence direct (its an online shop) you can get a powder and a concealer for less than a fiver ! Its supposed to be for really pale people but has shades for darker skins aswell.

posted about 1 year ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

I used to wear Bare Minerals, and it was great! Now I use Physicians Formula. I prefer Physicians Formula, I love it!

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION