Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
StefaniePires
New_user StefaniePires is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When StefaniePires reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
StefaniePires

I moved to Texas from Jersey, and lately my clinique has not been working well at all! It used to be perfect for me, even when I would go to portugal (and the weather is similar to texas in my opinion), so I’m not sure what is going on here! I was thinking that it was climate, but it could also be food, so idk.
But anyway, I wanted to switch to YSL, because all of the reviews are good and my skin isn’t extremely oily. My skin is actually more on the dry side and usually turns red (it looks like I got a sunburn without being in the sun _____)

What do you think? Should I try YSL? Or have you tried it and it was just plain horrible?

posted almost 2 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I have never tried YSL foundation, but I highly recommend NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I have very dry skin, and this foundation gives me a more dewy look. If you like lighter coverage for daily use you can try NARS tinted moisturizer.

Have you been using SPF 30 in your makeup routine? I hear that wearing SPF helps improve your skin. Sun exposure can cause skin to become dry and wrinky. Try using SPF before your foundation.

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

I would get a sample of the YSL foundaton – and get a free match up whilst you’re there! This is what I did and ended up buying the full size after afew weeks of trying it out.

I love the YSL foundation so far, good decent coverage however I like to set it with some pressed powder as my skin can get oily

glanvillebaby
Style_council
glanvillebaby

I have tried so many brands, l’oreal, clinique, almay, estee lauder, ysl, La Mer, etc… and CHANEL water-based is by far my favorite. THat’s the one I am currently using. wonderful, light and moisturizing, I do not wear powder anymore b/c it dries my skin too much. I recommend for you to please go to the YSL counter and ask for a sample- they may want to apply directly to you and will match your skintone, so be prepared for a full facial blah blah. Be clear to the salesperson that you will return the next day- b/c they may want to sell it to you right there. I would then wash my face and return to a different store for the chanel counter, and do the same. Compare and get the one that feels better on you. :) None of them are cheap but your skin is worth it! :)

projektfashion
Style_council
projektfashion

Try Laura Mercier’s Cream Foundation. It gives you amazing coverage & it lasts all day

jaded
Style_council
jaded

for dry skin, i would definitely recommend either nars sheer glow or laura mercier silk creme foundation. i use both during the winter when my skin gets dry and flakey and they work wonders! if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, neutrogena healthy skin is a really good dupe for the nars foundation!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION