SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

I just got out of my crazy hair stage. I think that I had every color possible in my hair. I even bleached one side of my hair! I know, I know.
But now I’m left with dry hair, how do I fix it?

posted over 2 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

You’ll need to start out by trimming off the damaged ends, even if that means cutting it pretty short. It won’t grow if the ends are dead. I would try to avoid heat styling as much as possible too. Restorative masks, moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, and oil treatments will also help. You will also find some good advice in this thread and this thread

Hope this helps!

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I would cut as much hair off as you are comfortable. Getting rid of dry/dull split ends will help a lot. When I stopped dying my hair I cut 5 inches off to start fresh.

Also, I use the Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioner once a week and that product makes my hair so soft! I definitely recommend that if you need a good deep conditioner!

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

use a deep conditioner/restoring hair mask once a week. you could DIY a hair mask with things like olive oil, honey, and avocados, but I can’t vouch for how well they work since I’ve never done one.

It’d probably be good to use a gentler, sulfate-free shampoo, and condition every time you wash your hair. you should also consider washing your hair less often, but your hair will probably get greasy before you adjust to your new routine.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I dye my hair too and its starting to get a little frizzy. I use L’Oreal Professionnel Textureline Color Show Liss Cream it makes a big difference. Also, start taking fish oil and a hair and skin multi. This will help your hair as it grows out. Let your hair air dry as often as possible to prevent more damage.

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Trim off as much as you are comfortable with to get rid of the dry ends. Then start a weekly deep condition routine. Add a good amount of your favorite conditioner to your hair and wrap in a warm towel and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse in lukewarm water. Be very careful when you comb your hair when it’s wet. This will add to breakage if you’re rough on your hair. Limit the amount of heat styling that you do, and perhaps invest in some moroccan oil. I started using Organix brand moroccan oil that comes as a conditioning cream and I use this on my hair every other wash, and my hair is so soft.

posted over 2 years ago

Raggself
Style_council
Raggself

Morrocan oil works for me …. little pricey but worth it ! Argan oil from morroco in drugs store too works but morrocan oil makes my frizzy hair to behave and the texture gets shiny n smooth :) u wont regret it ! try it

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION