SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Chiquitaydulce
Style_council
Chiquitaydulce

Hi beautiful chictopians! Wondering if you have any morning (hair) ritual? I used to sleep with my hair loose and sometimes in the morning I woke up with my hair looking like a hot mess. When that happened I used the flat iron in order to make my hair look proper for work BUT that caused a lot of damage to my hair. So my hair stylist recommend me to wear a fishnet hair cap for sleep so my hair keep straight in the morning and before taking a shower in the morning I use some velcro hair roller to give a little bit of volume. Now my hair looks better than when I used the flat iron. What about you guys? Any morning(hair) routine?

posted almost 3 years ago
headbandit
Style_council
headbandit

I like to wash my hair after I get home from school, let it dry and then wear it in a topknot to sleep…in the morning I have nice messy/voluminous waves. &repeat :)

alexisnthuman
New_user alexisnthuman is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When alexisnthuman reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
alexisnthuman

Well, I’m pretty careful when it comes to my hair. I don’t really use any hair products aside from shampoo and conditioner. Here are some of my rituals:
~ In the morning,I after I wash my hair, I just let it out after I towel dry it. I wait for it to fully dry up before combing with a wide-tooth comb.
~ Then after that combing, I use a narrow teeth comb for 5 minutes.
~ And then there comes the hairbrush!

I grew up doing this every time I can. The end result is really soft and shiny hair throughout the day. It works for me! Hope it works for you too!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I shower at night, put in leave-conditioner, and then braid it into 2 loose braids while it’s still wet. I sleep in the braids and when I wake up I can take out the braids and finger-comb my hair into defined waves. It’s so much better than the frizzy bedhead I get sleeping with my hair loose.

Sometimes I wrap my hair up in a scarf while I’m sleeping for extra frizz protection (and to keep my wet head warm in winter!).

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

I’ve started taking showers at night so i can style my hair without heat. Lately i’ve been letting my hair air dry until damp, putting a little volumizing/thickening mousse in (due to super thin hair), and putting it up into three little buns. (the buns are by layer.) then the next morning i take them out and comb through my hair with my fingers. My hair always ends up wavy but not like super poofy. It’s very nice. :D

MopMustache
New_user MopMustache is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When MopMustache reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MopMustache

I shower in the mornings and let my walk to school frizz it out. I braid it loosely in class and eventually it ends up in a bun. I have a lot of hair and it damages rather easily, so I avoid hair dryers and flat irons unless I have time to use product as well.

And I never have time.

Gra
Style_council
Gra

My routine is the same as headbandit’s :). I prefer to do this as I don’t like to straighten my hair everyday and it’s also quicker and easier.

CandyflossCurls
New_user CandyflossCurls is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When CandyflossCurls reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
CandyflossCurls

I have naturally curly hair so every morning wake to that bed-head look, i scrunch my hair to add volume and use sea salt spray which is good for the hair x

kayley21
Style_council
kayley21

I wash my hair at night and then let it air dry or I just sleep while it’s still wet. Then in the morning, I add a little water to it while I scrunch and then add a volumizing mousse or curling spray so I get a wavy look.

TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

I really shouldn’t start with the hair :D Black hair is a lot of work, but the good thing is you can do all the work in, like, four hours and then not touch it again for two weeks… :) I always protect my hair with a satin scarf at night though, and moisturise almost every morning. Otherwise it’s get up and go (until the next styling day, lol…)

zerofussinfo
Style_council
zerofussinfo

I have natural curls. In summer I wash them every day and let them dry in the warn fresh air. I wear them lose at night and when I wake up in the morning, the back of my head is very flat so in winter I wet that part of my hair a bit to revive the curls.

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

Before I go to sleep I always rap my hair up and tie it up with a fishnet looking thing. When I wake up and take it out it’s nice and smooth and it barely needs and combing. I just style it down or up. The only thing that I always do is my bang to straighten it.

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I used to tie my hair into a really high ponytail (I have short hair now) and let it hang over the top of my pillow. That way I had straight hair without needing to straighten it. I tried braiding it while wet and sleeping in it, but when I woke up I had crimps instead of waves…and my hair smelled like a wet towel :(

Whoops, just realised this post was from 9 months ago. Oh well.

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I have naturally wavy hair so no matter what I do, I get a head full of really wavy and rambunctious hair. So, I tend to sleep with my hair in a bun so when I wake up, the waves are more controlled.

posted about 2 years ago

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

i wash my hair at night and then straigten it so that i don’t have to do it in the morning (and can sleep 15 minutes more) and it looks a bit more natural

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I always sleep with my hair in a loose bun or topknot (but I take out my bangs bc they’ll look messy). By doing this: I don’t get hair all over my bed; my hair doesn’t get all tangled up; and I get nice curls :). if I want straight hair that day, I just shower in the morning.

posted about 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

I dry my hair either with a fan or with a blow drier. that’s it lol

posted about 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

I`m totally lucky person :D My hair is naturally straight so even if i wash it at night in the morning it is stil straight :D I use only silk to make them more shiny :D

posted about 2 years ago

Koroneska
Style_council
Koroneska

I`m totally lucky person :D My hair is naturally straight so even if i wash it at night in the morning it is stil straight :D I use only silk to make them more shiny :D

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

My hair is naturally wavy so sometimes I’ll sleep with it wet and just curl it in the morning. Usually though it doesn’t get too tangled because I’m a stomach sleeper.

Try getting a satin pillowcase. Your hair will slide against the fabric reducing friction and thus “bed head”. :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION