SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

As I get older, I definitely favor my fresh face over heavy made up face any day. Personally, I like how I look w/o makeup that im starting to wear less and less. Now dont get me wrong, im not one of those “less is more” stans but I just think my preferences are changing. When do you think you look your best…..with or without makeup?

posted almost 3 years ago
roco
New_user roco is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When roco reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
roco

I think just enough make up to be a step beyond presentable is appropriate. Not going all out for your everyday-look definitely makes it more special when you do decide to :)

AlesiaDawnHebb
New_user AlesiaDawnHebb is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When AlesiaDawnHebb reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
AlesiaDawnHebb

I agree with you. As I get older, I prefer to look real, and wear less make up, but I think it’s really what makes you feel comfortable and beautiful. I think maybe other people think I look best with more make up because of what’s presented to us in ads, and commercials of how to be, but I feel more beautiful with less (light mascara, and lip gloss).

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I don’t hate myself with out makeup, but I prefer to at the very least have eyeliner on. Some days I’ll wear more makeup and somedays I’ll wear less but I don’t really like to leave the house with at least some eyeliner

soybeana
Style_council
soybeana

I usually don’t wear much makeup. If i do wear makeup, its just some mascara and highlighter. I like natural beauty more.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I think I really do look best with makeup.I have some acne scaring that isn’t pretty. I do prefer to not wear makeup though, and often don’t.

ImogenKate
Style_council
ImogenKate

I have always been very unfortunate with my skin and acne. It’s a very socially crippling affliction. As you can guess i always caked on the make up. Always. I never left the house without it!

But one day i just stopped wearing make up every day, and with the help of a little proactive i finally feel comfortable in my own skin. I do still enjoy that glamorous feeling of applying make up to go out, like a woman in 1950 and her beauty routine, but now i wont apply more then a small amount of concealer and a bit of mascara to go shopping or a lunch date. Plus living in Australia in summer, acne looks better then a mass of melting makeup.

BlondeLily
Style_council
BlondeLily

Just a little bit of make-up everyday here…I am nothing without my black eyeliner and mascara! :)
Usually I don’t wear anything on the lips (’cause I got a 5 month old baby who I loooove to kiss!) but chapstick. For a night out I wear red or lipgloss.

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

I prefer a least touch of make up….to pretend to have a glowy skin.

mikimouse
Style_council
mikimouse

for me, everyday makeup is just to even out the skin tone and since i wasn’t blessed with perfectly arched brows, i also put some eyebrow liner coz eyebrows really changes the face. i like eyeliner for those sleepy days and you want to look wide awake haha. heavier makeup is for special occasions especially if you want to look good in photos. coz it emphasizes the features better.. :)

semiichaotic
Style_council
semiichaotic

I was never allowed to wear makeup when I was younger, so I have always been used to the “au natural” look. My skin doesn’t take well to foundation at all, so every once in awhile I’ll doll up my eyes a little bit, but other than that, I like the feeling of not having stuff stuck onto my face all day. Plus, it’s a pain to take off at night!

formemageditor
Style_council
formemageditor

I agree, I like the fresh face look more than tons of make up. I find that I like to balance it out such as wearing a bold lip with bare eyes and vice versa. Wish I could go totally without make up though!

Mitzeee
Style_council
Mitzeee

i slap on the make up haha i look ill with out it xx

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I understand what your saying. Right now I am trying to perfect my no make up, make up look. From my understanding tinted moisturizer do the trick very well.

nancy1991
Style_council
nancy1991

just a lipstick and mascara will be nice
i really think all the girls out there are pretty without all the heavy makeup..

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

because of my eye shape, I either wear lots of makeup or none at all. I have single lids, so unless my eyeliner is like half an inch thick it disappears when I open my eyes—to even bother with makeup I have to make it thick.

I never wore foundation or tinted moisturizers before this year, and my skin has gotten worse because of it. it’s a hard habit to break since I like wearing bronzer and highlighter (which don’t look as right on bare skin). I think I’ll try to go bare-skinned more often, and just have eyeliner/eyeshadow.

NowhereGirl
Style_council
NowhereGirl

I don’t use so much makeup, mostly because I am far to lazy in the mornings. But sure, if I have the time I like to put on some makeup, even if I then also prefer a little bit. Some mascara, bright rouge to give some freshness to my face, eyebrow pen (just because I love dark brows), and, the thing I love most, lipstick. Okey, the lipstick maybe isn’t so natural, but that is something I really love that easily can make a look more personal and edgy.

thestylependant
Style_council
thestylependant

It sincerely depends on what you want to show. Maybe I am wearing like a ton of make-up, but if it only consists of shaddowing, powder and so on to make my face look in a certain way, you can catalogate it as a little.
But I usually just go for foundation, blush and a little mascara+eyeliner :)

rishfleur
New_user rishfleur is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When rishfleur reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rishfleur

I just put light makeup :) or no make up at all if i’m only here at my house.

SabrinaTudorache
Style_council
SabrinaTudor...

light makeup

REPLY TO DISCUSSION