SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
hawaiiginger429
Style_council
hawaiiginger429

I have been having such a hard time with my hair lately. I’ve tried the mayonnaise thing. I attempted the egg thing (I wasn’t sure whether to use the white or the yolk so I used both). I even tried a few products. The mayonnaise gave me amazing shine, but so far nothing has made it noticeably softer. Does anyone have any tips?

posted over 5 years ago
murph
Style_council
murph

fredrick fekkai hair mask. Sephora.com

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

I’ve had this prob. too Castor oil is the best moisturiser! It’s super thick and really hydrates your hair, but washes out with a single shampooing and doesn’t leave behind greasies.

If you have very thick hair though, you might wanna dodge it, because it also accelerates growth and thickens hair. Olive oil and neem oil are great as well. My best advice though is to NEVER use shampoos which contain sulfates (sodium laurel or laureth sulfate, sulfonicate, etc. <<< a lot of so-called sulfate free shampoos still have sulfonicate in them, sneaky sneaky! always read labels). Sulfate = harsh detergent which you DON’T need to get your hair clean! This can cause severe dryness and split ends. They can also cause greasy scalps, as stripping the scalp of natural oil just causes it to go into overdrive and produce tons more oil to overcompensate! Anyway…. get a sulfate free shampoo, such as those made by Avalon Organics. And splurge when it comes to conditioners! I love Ojon. Lastly, heat styling is the devil, especially when it comes to ceramic irons since they get way hotter than metal ones. Use metal irons when possible, and use a lower heat setting. Or just avoid them whenever possible.
posted over 5 years ago

hawaiiginger429
Style_council
hawaiiginger429

Thanks so much! I will definitely try it!

posted over 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Promise it’ll help! Let it work it’s magic for several hours, then wash out. Don’t sleep on it though, as it’ll get your pillows greasy. Just lounge around the house and have a ‘beauty day’ once every week or two : ).

I get mine at Indian grocy stores, but since it’s also sold as a laxative, most pharmacies will carry it alongside the ex lax, haha.

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

i put the whole bottle of conditioner in my hair..

posted over 5 years ago

MissRoLL
Style_council
MissRoLL

kerastase products for sure!!!!

posted over 5 years ago

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

herbal essences!!! also those deep conditioning masks that they have at drugstores. but i think if you drink a lot of water it’ll ultimately smooth and soften out your hair! :)

posted over 5 years ago

StreakingScarlettVTG
Style_council
StreakingSca...

Aussie products are soo good for achieving soft silky hair. My hair is ash blonde and it works the trick for me! :)

x

posted over 5 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

baby oil before shampooing!

posted about 4 years ago

VivikaChic
Style_council
VivikaChic

I use swartzkopf mask! it makes my hair really soft !

posted about 4 years ago

17HandsHigh
Style_council
17HandsHigh

use honey! after shampooing put in hair, rinse, then use a good conditioner. Hask & Placenta products work well too. A good trim might help fried ends

posted about 4 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

idk imma try the castor oil id recommend it ive heard people have had good results
honey sounds nourishing but WAY too sticky once i made a honey facial and some got in my hair and it stuck there for DAYS!!

posted about 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

put vegetable oil in it, it will make it stronger and softer

posted about 4 years ago

onirec
Style_council
onirec

try avocado !!!!! smash some and put it in your hair 10 to 20 minutes and voila!!!the best natural conditioner!!!

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

tons and tons of conditioner :D

posted about 4 years ago

sliponroses
Style_council
sliponroses

Definitely agree with the avocado suggestion!

Also, shikai conditioner has amla in it which is a fruit that has high amounts of vitamin C. I have to say, nothing has ever made my hair feel this soft and my hair is normally dry no matter what deep conditioner I use.

posted about 4 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

Try one of Lushs solid shampoos! I use Trichomania.

And maybe one of these conditioners:
-Ultraorganics clear henna wax
-Yes to Carrots (mud mask)
-Henna’n’Placenta

They are all pretty cheap.

posted about 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

potion 9 by sebastian

posted about 4 years ago

Mademoiselle_Coco
Style_council
Mademoiselle...

Virgin coconut oil is a fantastic treatment for all hair style. You can get it in the health food section sometimes. It is cheap and last a while. Nothing beats it.
I recommend Morrocan oil as leave in to smooth out flyaways and ends. Finally, use silicone serum every now and then on wet hair after shampoo, and condition every single time you wash your hair.
Avalon organics shampoos are also my fave non sulfate shampoos, they are great and smell divine.
Do not forget to use a clarifying shampoo every week or every couple weeks, to get rid of product build up. This is a very important step. It helps you hair breathe and allows whatever conditioner/weekly hair treatment you put on afterwards to really work on your hair.
If you like heat styling, as I do, go for ionic tourmaline tools, folica has a great selection. They smooth out your hair while drying, and put some heat protectant spray before hand on wet hair.

posted about 4 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i’ve heard of some sort of Moroccan oil that helps.

posted about 4 years ago

kuriku
Style_council
kuriku

Did you try oil treatment? I changed shampoos and my hair has been softer since. I use Nexxus now and it works for me :)

Oh and hair treatment once a week. I use the Sexy Hair brand?

participate in my giveaways

posted about 4 years ago

twilightgalaxy
Style_council
twilightgalaxy

leave in conditioners!!!

posted about 4 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

coconut oil, which you can get for fairly cheap at health food stores

posted about 4 years ago