SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I recently bought my first make up purchase from Mac. I bought the Pro Long Wear Foundation and Concealer. And I have falling in love lol. Now I want to buy everything from Mac…

So tell me where to start

What’s your favorite go to products by Mac?

posted almost 3 years ago
1 2
BrettRobson
Style_council
BrettRobson

MAC eyeshadows are absolutely amazing! They are long lasting & the colours are awesome!

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I love their eyeshadows! Wedge and Espresso are the exact same color as the shadow in your eyelid crease. They look so natural and aren’t shimmery so you can wear them every day.

Remember to save your empty pots. They have a recycling program. I think if you bring in 6 empty pots they will give you a free eyeshadow.

estrogens
Style_council
estrogens

Plush Lash Mascara and their eye shadows are my favorite. I love Patina and Cork and use one of them on the daily.

Injila
Style_council
Injila

I love Fix Plus,their lipsticks, and lip liners ! Fix Plus is so amazing, helps my makeup stay on all day and is also great to refresh your face throughout the day! You should def. try it out !

ohsopretty
New_user ohsopretty is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ohsopretty reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ohsopretty

Their eyeshadows are amazing and will stay on all day if you use their product called Paint. I also love their lipgloss and lipstick. Oh & their Careblend powder is delightful

lovemarta
Style_council
lovemarta

Honestly I never saw anything special from Mac. Their make up is way over priced and its just the same as anything from a drug store.

coffee_imp
Style_council
coffee_imp

yoyu can keep your eyeliner from smudging by setting it with a powder eyeshadow – even in your waterline. Just be very careful and use and angled precision brush, preferably a synthetic.
I’d like to try a concealer from MAC.

jadoredior
Style_council
jadoredior

I can’t even begin to tell you the number of things I’ve gotten from them ever since I got my first product! I now have about 30 lipsticks (not including back-ups), 40 eyeshadows, 20 blushes, and some other things like foundation, brushes (their brushes are amazing), etc. I think my most favourite products are their lipsticks (ex. Hue, Creme D’Nude, Creme Cup, Lovelorn) and their brushes (ex. MAC 217, MAC 219, MAC 182). You will go crazy for their limited edition collections too….just warning ya ;)!

Sanguine
Style_council
Sanguine

I grabbed a few things from their wonder woman line and the packaging is just adorable. I really enjoy the colored mascaras. They add an unexpected pop of color to anything.

FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

The only thing I like about their lipsticks is that they have a million shades! If you’re ever looking for a specific color, MAC’s got it. But the formula of the lipstick- in my opiniion- isn’t that much better than a drugstore lipstick. My favorite products are their eyeshadows. Once again there are a million colors, they stay on forever, and there’s always a new one coming out. My favorites have been the Metal-X and Mineralize shadows….UGH! They are gorgeous! Expensive- but gorgeous :)

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Studio Sculpt foundation and concealer. It’s my everyday essential.

pixelhazard
Style_council
pixelhazard

After testing a number of brands for my difficult skin tone, MAC has been perfection. I’m a fan of their light liquid make up, powder fix and matte finish lippy. If you are looking for a beautiful red that stays all day, I highly recommend their lippy in Luby Woo!

Bright Green Laces

Jameyleetaylor
New_user Jameyleetaylor is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Jameyleetaylor reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Jameyleetaylor

I’ve just started buying from mac as well. my friend is a huge mac fan though, so i can kind of look through her things to get a better idea of what i want to spend my money on i would suggest:

1. a custom pallet, but don’t put it all together at once, it costs so much! for christmas my friend gave me the empty pallet with 3 or 4 eyeshadows to start me off. they’re somewhere around 10$ each. start with a few colors and every once in a while by a few more. this way you’re constantly adding more to your collection and feeling good about it without spending so much!

2. pigment powder
this stuff is great and can be used for so many things. it’s also nice because you can decide how bright you want it to show up. for example i love using it for my lips, just a little clear lip gloss, conditioner, or balm and add some pigment til you get the color you want.

3. foundation
I think the mac foundation my friend has is around 35$ this is kind of steep if you’re used to covergirl etc, but for good foundation that’s not so bad. They matched her skin tone perfectly right in the store and it has fantastic coverage.

Also, don’t forget, if you bring back 6 empty makeup cartridges you get a free lipstick!

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

MAC is the best!!! It has a great quality! I like it a lot!!

MsLyricJackson
Style_council
MsLyricJackson

You need to buy brushes 252 219 226, ground work paint pod, Sketch, Embark shadow. Oh I am on a tangent. But if you loved MAC foundation you will be crazy for Nars or Bobbi Brown. #justsayin

_marleen
New_user _marleen is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When _marleen reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
_marleen

I really like the blushes and the Fix+ spray! Good luck! xlove

posted over 2 years ago

ElizabethZena
New_user ElizabethZena is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When ElizabethZena reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ElizabethZena

I love their Studio FIX foundations, their eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipglosses, tendertones, MSF, blushes… JUST EVERYTHING! aha, i love MAC!

Emma xx

posted over 2 years ago

cocomechanel
Style_council
cocomechanel

I adore MAC.
My favourites have to be lipstick (only certain formulas though – supreme sheen is my fav.),
lipglosses – the range of colours is amazing,
eyeshadows – they are always high quality and pigmented – buy a custom palette and fill up as your collection grows,
face powders – Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) and Mineralize Skin Finish Natural are amazing
blush – so pigmented and so pretty and such a wide variety… i could list off a bunch.

good luck!!

posted over 2 years ago

erinatx
New_user erinatx is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When erinatx reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
erinatx

Cinderfella mineralized eye shadow is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted over 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION