SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
carrielicious
Style_council
carrielicious

i need help . I have super long hair and i can never get it to hold a curl =/ it makes me so sad. Any tips?

posted over 4 years ago
browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

braid it, and sleep on it

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Put a few layers in your hair! Honestly, it makes such a difference.

posted over 4 years ago

Neelam
Style_council
Neelam

hey i also have long hair and curl it all the time, the best things that works for me is i do VERY tight curls at the begininning of the day, and by the time iv put on my clothes and makeup, they fall into perfect curls..use a good hair spray too..and oh ye lol, when its damp scrunch your hair to give the natural curl a base before you curl it, check out my chictopia pages and you’l be able to see the curls im on about…hope this helps.x

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If you tong your hair, let it naturally dry before curling as anything that makes the hair dry differently to it’s natural way like blowdryers and straightners make it harder for the hair to hold a curl. Or you could use rollers as it’s a lot easier. The best way to keep a curl though is lots of hairspray.
If you have thick hair, get it thinned out a bit next time you’re at the salon as that would help a lot.

posted over 4 years ago

shelllovesyouu
Style_council
shelllovesyouu

I think you should get it with more layers. Or curl it or braid it. Curling it may make it look shorter a little

posted over 4 years ago

amazingrace245
Style_council
amazingrace245

Layers! they do wonders…

posted over 4 years ago

nellerina
Style_council
nellerina

I think curling my hair with my flat iron works way better than when I use my curling iron, maybe because my flat iron gets way hotter. YouTube has some good tutorials if you don’t know how to do it.

posted over 4 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

I have flat long hair which is stubborn to hold a curl….

I let me hair go unwashed for about 48 hours. I separate my hair into three layers around my head (bottom layer, middle layer, and top layer). I then start with the bottom layer, and take about 1/2 a cm thick of hair and start at the root and wrap it around the curling iron. Hold for a 10-15 second count and then let loose. After one whole layer is curled, then spray the curls with a thick hold hairspray. Repeat for each layer of hair. For some people its easier to work from one side of the head to the other, rather than from top to bottom.

The dirtier your hair, the better the hold! and I find that the smaller the curling iron (about 1/2" or less) works for a better hold as well. Good luck!

posted over 4 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

p.s. if i get ambitious tonight, maybe I’ll do a slideshow of it.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION