SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ivywang
Style_council
ivywang

What’s your opinion on short, naturally long, and fake nails?

I like short and clean nails, sometimes with nail polish to add a bit of color. I don’t like naturally grown long nails because I think they look dirty sometimes, but once in awhile, I will grow mine out. Once I do, I don’t like cutting them =/ I don’t like fake nails (esp. french tips), because I think it looks extremely tacky.

What do you girls/boys think?

posted over 5 years ago
deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I keep mine short and neat, mainly because I play piano, so it’s not practical if I’m playing for 1+ hours a day with long nails

posted over 4 years ago

xombie
Style_council
xombie

I like mine longer. I think it looks really elegant and I find it easier to apply nail polish but my nails are very wimpy and break easily. D:

posted over 4 years ago

inPassing
Style_council
inPassing

i always keep really short nails since i play piano. but i’ve also noticed that long nails make my fingers look really stubby

posted over 4 years ago

iluvfashion
Style_council
iluvfashion

i let my nails do there own thing most of the time. every one and a while i will paint them or trim them.

posted over 4 years ago

style_bullet
Style_council
style_bullet

I like to keep mine short too. I get shivers down my spine when my long nails hit the keyboard. One thing I don’t like—French manicure pedicures. Sorry, but sometimes it makes women look like their toenails are too long and hang over their shoe. Ew!

posted over 4 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

I have good sized nails. I hate it when my nails are not clean and well groomed (like right now). I love painting my nails any colour. Usually when I go to the nail salon people are curious as what I’ll do to my nails :P

posted over 4 years ago

MessyDesk11
Style_council
MessyDesk11

As long as they’re neat and all the same a little length is fine. On me, short nails make my hands and lingers look stubby so I avoid that. Color is a must, mostly because I love taking the time out of my week to just relax and make my nails all pretty.

posted over 4 years ago

antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

my nails are short and i like them that way. long nails are hideous.

posted over 4 years ago

justthezipcode
Style_council
justthezipcode

i keep mine trimmed as short as possible otherwise i have the bad habit of picking at my nails. I also think nail polish looks better on short nails especially the bright colors i usually wear.

fake nails are tacky!!

posted over 4 years ago

justthezipcode
Style_council
justthezipcode

i keep mine trimmed as short as possible otherwise i have the bad habit of picking at my nails. I also think nail polish looks better on short nails especially the bright colors i usually wear.

fake nails are tacky!!

posted over 4 years ago

Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

I’ve always found long natural or artificial nails to be a little disgusting. I don’t think there’s a way for them to look nice, personally. Shorter nails look so much more refined and elegant. I like mine just a little bit past my fingertip to lengthen my admittedly stubby fingers.

Plus, don’t long nails prevent you from being able to get anything done?

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

my nails are always relatively long, mostly because I forget to cut them. I hate having really short nails though! When I cut them, I don’t cut them too short. I think polish nails look better long =]

posted over 4 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

um, black “ghettofabulous” women aren’t the only ones who have crazy long acrylics, and they obviously like it and think it looks good or they wouldn’t be paying so much for them..i actually had long acrylics with intricate designs for a pretty long time and i loved them.

anyway, my fingernails have always been very thin so i usually keep them short so they don’t break/bend back (ouch!)

posted over 4 years ago

MeowQuack
Style_council
MeowQuack

My nails are really short with almost no white. If I don’t do this, I have a habit of biting them. Also, since I used to do piano, I would always keep them very short.

I don’t really notice other people’s nails.

posted over 4 years ago

PaperGownSM
Style_council
PaperGownSM

i keep mine trimmed right to my fingertips (so pretty short) since i play piano… however, i like to do crazy polish & i think it looks really trashy if you have really long nails & really crazy polish…

posted over 4 years ago

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

Unless you’re like, Lady Gaga, long nails are just awkward + trashy, I think. I personally like medium-length (would you call like a 1/2 cm off of the edge of the finger medium-length), but my nails always look longer b/c of their shape… I don’t know how to explain it, sorry!
I love nail polish though, and am always excited to try both neutrals and bright colors :)

posted over 4 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Too long is gross, too short is unhealthy. I try to prevent biting my nails (it was a very bad habit when I was little) by painting them. Normal sized acrylic nails are long for me (mostly because I have small hands and it looks odd on me). If I do grow them out it’s only a little past my skin.

posted over 4 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

i hate fakenails and short nails but too long isn’t cool at all.so i keep them between

posted over 2 years ago

Jessymen
Style_council
Jessymen

I like to grow mine out a little, it makes me feel like my fingers are more slender and longer.

posted over 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I like a maximum 2-3 mm of the white tip showing, if nails are too long it seems impractical and reminds me of creepy old women.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

short nails:) i used to claw my friends on accident with long nails-ever since I’ve kept mine trimmed!

posted over 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

Getting your nails done can be fun but the acrylic/glue and all of that craziness damages your nails pretty badly so I usuallyI like keeping my nails short and sqaure:) Naturally long nails remind me of a witch lol

posted over 2 years ago

Perliiieee
Style_council
Perliiieee

Short nails for practicality, although I really like the look of natural long nails better. Can’t have the pie and eat it too, I guess.

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

Short and square. Love coral nails.

posted over 2 years ago

mimusbird
Style_council
mimusbird

Forever stuck with shorter nails… mine don’t naturally grow very long and my lifestyle kind of leads them to break if I ever try and let them grow out.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION