SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ivywang
Style_council
ivywang

What’s your opinion on short, naturally long, and fake nails?

I like short and clean nails, sometimes with nail polish to add a bit of color. I don’t like naturally grown long nails because I think they look dirty sometimes, but once in awhile, I will grow mine out. Once I do, I don’t like cutting them =/ I don’t like fake nails (esp. french tips), because I think it looks extremely tacky.

What do you girls/boys think?

posted almost 6 years ago
1 3
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

long fingernails make me feel a bit sick.

i’ve probably been conditioned to think that; a year of karate means i’ve had to keep my nails short for ages.

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

Fake nails are so trashy looking. Esp, with a weird, colored designs. I keep my nails, long but I always mange to break or chip them.

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

I like short red findernails… but mine grow really fast and sometimes I forget to cut them… it doesn’t look bad but it’s just not my style

derabklatsch
Style_council
derabklatsch

I like them short and neat. Mine are usually polished… I personally can’t stand chips and badly painted nails.

Medium-length nails I also like, but bare. As for long nails… it depends.

I hate acrylic nails. They look so thick and when they grow out, it’s so obvious. I also don’t like the extra-square shape.

gogosushi
Style_icon
gogosushi

I think 99% of acrylic nails looks tacky. Nails that are all short and bitten are yuck. I like nails to reach just past the tip of the finger and be polished/painted.

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

I like to keep mine shirt and neat. I work in labs a lot and long nails are highly impractical. I do paint them and do some nail art when I have time. :)

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

Hate acrylic nails.
I personally can’t stand having short nails. It feels odd.
Mine are long and I think long nails in general look nice when they’re clean and taken care of. Otherwise they just look bad.

meliam057
Style_council
meliam057

I like mine short and colour-wise red, black, grey. But most of the time I have them in a natural light pink

myfashionswap
Style_council
myfashionswap

Short, ONLY! Looks so elegant to me.

Deb from myfashionswap.com

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I always keep mine short and unpolished, but that’s just because I think that looks best for my hands. I have seen people with longer nails and it looks good on them. I dunno maybe I’m crazy, but I think it all depends on the shapes of your fingers and the color nail polish that you use.

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

A few years ago, after I quit biting my nails I used to love wearing them really long, as long as I could grow them.

Now I can’t stand long nails though and always wear mine ahort. I like to have them painted but it takes me so long if I want them to look neat so I usually have them bare.

I’m not a fan of fake nails at all.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Long nails disgust me, natural or acrylic. I’m proud to say I have never paid for fake nails, it seems like the biggest waste of money to me. My nails aren’t super short but they’re not long.

Lizzy_Lou
Style_council
Lizzy_Lou

The length of my nails are always changing. I had just recently grown them out a little longer than the length of my fingers and they looked great, but I watched Crash the other night, and bit them to nubs. :(

posted over 5 years ago

guiltyoflove
Style_council
guiltyoflove

My nails are almost always short. I used to get acrylics years ago, and it ruined my nails completely. They couldn’t grow long without eventually breaking because they were so brittle.

But I really like shorter nails now. It makes me feel like I wasted so much money in the past getting fakes!

posted over 5 years ago

Bellalicious
Style_council
Bellalicious

I keep my fingernails short with just clear polish…my toes on the other hand are always done : )

posted over 5 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i have always disliked long fingernails… i prefer very short nails. i think it’s just easier to do things with short nails. i always cut mine at least once every two weeks.

posted over 5 years ago

teamB_macro
Style_council
teamB_macro

It’s not that I don’t like long nails, it’s just that I find it hard to grow them. They always seem to break. I go for short nails. I think that they make your hands look clean. Saves u a pint of nail polish too.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 35263 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 35263 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

i agree with the original post :) i just keep mine short and forget about it.

posted over 5 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

My doctor once recommended that I not go more than a quarter of an inch if I wanted to grow out my nails, to minimize nail bed damage if my nail breaks and because the longer the nail is, the more stuff gets underneath, and some people get sick when they unconsciously bite their own dirty nails.

posted over 5 years ago

fille
Style_council
fille

I have to keep my nails short and freshly trimmed. It bothers me if it’s not. I hate getting things stuck under nails or if I feel like I’m going to poke my eye if I put on contacts. I have a habit of playing with them if they’re long, so might as well keep them short. Fashion-wise, I don’t think they do too much. You can have colored nails or not. I never look at it as making a huge difference.

posted over 5 years ago

givemeyslshoes
Style_council
givemeyslshoes

i HATE really long nails, it looks so trashy, and makes me think of those ghettofabulous black women with crazy acrylics. however, im not trashing fake nails in any way. i wear fake nails myself but they look natural because i have these weird short nails that dont go past my finger tip, so i wear fakes to make my nails look normal. i like colour on mine, either neutral shades (nude, light pink, beige, grey) or darker shades (plum, purple, dark blue, black) no inbetween or neon. i think neon colours look childish and i am no child. :)

posted over 5 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I keep mine short and usually give them a clear coat. If I ever decide to paint them though, it’s usually this rosy pink that I love with my skin tone or red.

I hate long fake nails. They look tacky and are usually mishaped.

posted over 5 years ago

Sashii
Style_council
Sashii

I keep my fingernails short and square. I really dont care for fake nails either ;-/

posted almost 5 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

nay to fake nails nay nay nay!!!
i used to like my nails long cuz i’ve had them long for a pretty long time, but recently i like keeping them short.
i used to hate having my nails cut short cuz i could’nt really do anything with them [[like pick up coins or something]] but now i’m glad i have shorter nails. my fingers are long as is so having long painted nails looks kinda weird on me…

posted almost 5 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION