SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Beauty

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

My hair is naturally dark brown/black but with the very strong sun around summer time l my hair lightens to a lightish orangey brown color….I usally dye it back to black around this time of year but it’s really bad for my hair ;I so I was wondering if there are any natural ways to darken hair?

posted about 2 years ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I’ve heard that soaking your hair in black tea or really strong coffee can help gradually darken your hair.

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

You can use Henna color which uses natural dyes. But Henna contains a lot of metals, so if you decide you don’t like the color and try to use a box color on top of it, it will fry your hair! Also, Henna usually only comes in a few colors, so it doesn’t give a lot of options. I know there are some vegan based color dyes out there that you can search around for. :)

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

Thanks your guys ..these are both great tips…I will try them both :)

posted about 2 years ago

humasays
New_user humasays is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When humasays reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
humasays

You can also get henna that’s all natural, you just have to find the right store! I suggest going to an actual area containing Indian/Paki strip stores to find one that’s natural. That eliminates the use of metals in your hair. :) Since henna may come out a bit red, use it WITH black tea. Therefore, you get a darkish auburn color. However, if you don’t want a red tint, just go with the black tea. :)

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

hmm interesting!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION